Latest post Thu, Nov 28 2019 12:18 PM by BarkinMadd. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:43 PM

SOLVED: How to turn off the data track D1 for all clips

Apologies if this has been asked before because I didn't search the forums. But this issue is driving me nuts, so here goes:

How do I turn off the D1 data track for all the clips in a project? I shoot a lot of footage on a Sony PXW-X70 and every single time I import that media and start editing - there it is! Wanting to create a D1 track in my sequence every time I edit that media in.

Is this a feature I need to turn off on the camera or that I can disable globally in Media Composer?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Using MC 2019.9 Win 

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 25 2019 5:50 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 590
    • Points 6,980

Re: How to turn off the data track D1 for all clips

Unlink clips -> modify->set tracks -> relink.

you can also strip unnecessary audio channels like this. very convenient.

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-7, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 26 2019 3:38 PM In reply to

Thank you very much! I didn't know about this feature. Useful indeed!

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 28 2019 5:07 AM In reply to

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 589
    • Points 7,820

Lukas Boeck:

Unlink clips -> modify->set tracks -> relink.

you can also strip unnecessary audio channels like this. very convenient.

I have MC 2019.11.  I can't find the menu / option you reference above.  No "Unlink clips" that I can find anywhere.

My problem is somehow I got a track identified by "1.1" an no way to delet it.  Before the name (1.1) it has a down-arrow which, when you click on it, can be pulled as the head of an extending line / arrow but doesn't seem to do anything like link to some other track etc. 

How do I get rid of this track?

HP z840 dual 8-core; PCI slot 3, Creative SB X-Fi audio card; 32 GB Ram; 4 x 1 TB RAID 5 internal SATA Western Digital Caviar Green Media drives (appears... [view my complete system specs]

-----

wmc

• Thu, Nov 28 2019 12:18 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,743
    • Points 61,875

wmc, it sounds like you have stepped into a nested track. Step out by double-clicking on the V1 track or using the step out arrow located beneath the timeline.

As for removing tracks, select a clip or clips in a bin, right-click and select Modify > Unlink Media. Then Modify > Modify Clip and use the drop-list to select 'Set Tracks'. In the 'Set Tracks' dialog, deselect your unwanted audio and data tracks by removing checkmarks. Click OK to exit the 'Modify Clip' dialog. With the clip or clips selected, right-click and select 'Relink...'.

I just tried it while writing my response. The only hiccup I encountered was that MC reported that it could not relink any clips even though it did actually relink the clips. This was with AMA linked media. I tried it again with a transcoded clip in DNxHD and it relinked without reporting an issue. Either way, this is the prescribed technique.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller