Latest post Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:22 AM by Joshua King Ortiz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:13 AM

error when transcoding RED footage to DNx

Hello,

I'm trying to create DNxHR LB proxies for some RED footage but the transcoding process stops suddenly and I get the following error:

exception: AMAProducerTask::AMA Plug-in Unable to Provide Sample

I have the RED plug-in downloaded and installed so I have no idea why it is not allowing me to do something so simple.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you!

joshua

Avid MC 2019.8.0 | Mac Pro 2012 | 12-Core 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon | 64GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080ti | Blackmagic Design Decklink 8K | 500GB Sandisk Pro PCIe... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:35 AM In reply to

Re: error when transcoding RED footage to DNx

Does this happen on one clip or all clips?

Can you play the clips at all before transcoding?

Is it a spanned clip?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Nov 20 2019 12:27 PM In reply to

Hi Pat,

This happens to all clips. Some of the clips are spanned and some aren't (depending on how long the take is).

As far as the playback, that is the other problem I posted in another post: when I try to play back RED footage, it plays for a few seconds and stops on its own and the console shows the following errors:

PlayLoopThread::CheckForExceptions: Exception: AMAProducerTask::Execute: AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: AMAProducerTask::Execute: AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample

I'm also getting an error on my Mac's Activity Monitor whenever I open Avid saying:

QuickTime_OPServer (Not Responding)

It has to do something with the Quicktime and/or RED AMA plugin not working properly for some reason I can't put my finger on. But it's really hand tying me, I literally can't find a work around within Avid to get the RED footage to work.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

joshua

Avid MC 2019.8.0 | Mac Pro 2012 | 12-Core 3.33 GHz Intel Xeon | 64GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080ti | Blackmagic Design Decklink 8K | 500GB Sandisk Pro PCIe... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:22 AM In reply to

Hi guys,

So, I installed 2018.12.8 to see if it would fix the problems I was having in 2019.11 and Media Composer is still not allowing me to transcode within Media Composer.

Is there some kind of setting that might be causing this? I'm trying to switch to Media Composer from Premiere, but I'm starting to get demoralized with all of the problems I'm encountering (transcoding and playback issues with RED and Blackmagic footage mainly and many Avid "gotchas") is dettering me since I have no such issues in Premiere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller