Latest post Thu, Mar 19 2020 11:30 PM by Scott_L. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 23 2019 9:09 AM

• jono45
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 21 2011
    • Posts 13
    • Points 195

NewBlue Titler Pro 7 problem with MC 2019

Hi

I've just updated my Titler Pro 5 for Avid to the new Titler Pro 7. Foolishly I did this mid project - I never learn I guess.

Install was easy and it comes up inside my MC fine - I can even open all my existing titles

BUT I cannot save any title, new or old, as a design file or within a project - The 'save window' pops up again and again whatever I choose.

The only way to shut down Titler programme is through windows task manager which also crashes MC.

I've watched all the tutorials - none of them seem to address my problem.

Am I alone? Am I missing something very simple?

NewBlue Support no help so far

Any help much appreciated

Jon

HP Z4 G4, 64gb Ram, Quadro P2000, Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 23 2019 4:22 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,755
    • Points 62,015

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 7 problem with MC 2019

One of the most significant changes in Titler Pro 7 is that each title instance must be saved to its own file. I asked New Blue about this and you can find their answer in the New Blue forums (it's still near the top since many people have asked about this). There is no longer any way to save your title into the Media Composer project itself.

This may sound like a real pain but I resolved this easily by utilizing a folder within my project assets folder. For each MC project I create a series of asset folders (some for media, some for titles, some for audio, some for images, etc.). I now save each TP7 title to its own unique file in my 'title' assets sub-folder.

Give it a try and see if that helps. Also try playing with shared designs and please be careful copying and pasting TP7 effects in Avid - it doesn't quite work as you might expect. You really need to save the pasted title to a new title file.

Yippee

(There are some very nice improvements to TP with TP7 otherwise I would have asked for a refund)

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Oct 23 2019 7:19 PM In reply to

jono45:

BUT I cannot save any title, new or old, as a design file or within a project - The 'save window' pops up again and again whatever I choose.

Hi Jon,

With previous versions of Titler Pro, the data for each title was saved in the Media Composer project itself, with the option to save an external .nbtitle file that could be reopened in other projects. With Titler Pro 7, titles are exclusively saved as .nbtitle files.

When you open your project with Titler Pro 5 titles, Titler Pro 7 actually is reading in all of those titles at once. The reason you're seeing multiple save windows is that, after saving your current title, Titler is actually prompting you to save every additional title in your project, and you'll get a separate save window for each one. 

Now I realize that's very counterintuitive, and it's not at all obious what's happening. We are changing Titler Pro 7 so that in these situations it will give you a single dialog that tells you it's saving your previous titles and you just have to pick an export folder. This version should be available in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you can't wait for the updated version, my suggestion would be to make a folder on your hard drive to put the titles in, then click 'Save' on each window that pops up and give each one a new filename (e.g. Title1, Title2, Title3, etc.). I realize this is a pain and I do apologize for the inconvenience, but you should only have to do this once.

Please let me know if this works for you!

• Thu, Oct 24 2019 10:06 AM In reply to

• jono45
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 21 2011
    • Posts 13
    • Points 195

Thank you both for taking the time to explain to me. The Avid Forum is a wonderful thing

Knowing what Titler Pro is up to is the key - I had 20 titles in my project and the Titler GUI looked for all the world like it was stuck in a loop. It gives no indication that it is needing to save all the other titles in the project individually. A simple explanation in the 'Save' pop up window would have saved me alot of time and stress. But I am now up and running thanks to you

I cannot find this problem clearly explained in any of the NewBlue FX promotional material btw

Like I'm sure alot of other editors - I have many pre TP7 projects that are going to need the same treatment when I come back to them. For me, upgrading to TP7 means a backward step in terms of workflow and time spent on titling - one of the main initial attractions of TP

HP Z4 G4, 64gb Ram, Quadro P2000, Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:52 PM In reply to

jono45:

Knowing what Titler Pro is up to is the key - I had 20 titles in my project and the Titler GUI looked for all the world like it was stuck in a loop. It gives no indication that it is needing to save all the other titles in the project individually. A simple explanation in the 'Save' pop up window would have saved me alot of time and stress. But I am now up and running thanks to you

I'm so glad to hear that you're up and running now. I do realize just how confusing that behavior is, and we will very shortly have an update to Titler Pro 7 that explains clearly what is going on and gives you a single dialog box to save all the titles in your project. It will be a totally free update and should be available in a matter of weeks.

• Mon, Nov 18 2019 7:23 PM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,570

Hi Marcus,

I am on MC 2018.12.3 but this seems to be the right place to ask since you said New Blue would post a Help page for us who are moving from New Blue Titler Pro for Avid to a full Titler Pro subscription.

I went from TP5 for Avid to TP7 Ultimate. Seth helped me with the uninstall/reinstall last week, and I am waiting for Caleb to respond to my problem with saving both TP7 and MC timelines. There are several of us with the same problem over on the New Blue "Known Issue" site and Jack Dale has even made a couple of You Tube tutorials.

I followed instructions and saved 9 titles (I see them and their cache files) in my 10-minute timeline. I saved each title separately in a new project folder among the Library folders in New Blue Fx folder. Does the location of the new folder make a difference?

Once all the titles are saved, I tried to use the green check mark to save and close the timeline. At that point both TP7 and MC 2018.12.3 froze. Each time that happened, I force quit. When I reopened them, the titles had defaulted to TP7's default.

I can make new titles without a problem, which I can't do in New Blue's stop-gap Titler for Avid. So I'd rather not ask for a refund just yet. Can you help?

Thanks.

MC 2018.12.3 - HP Z440: Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 3.50GHz 15MB 2133 6C CPU; G8U34AV 32GB DDR4-2133 (4x8GB) RegRAM; NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4GB DL-DVI(I)+2xDP 1st... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 18 2019 7:28 PM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,570

P.S. When I tried to save the first time, I actually did get a box asking if I wanted to save all the titles together or separately. If I save them as a project, the tile design seems to get "shared" which is a problem. It also saved titles which I had used in earlier versions of the timeline but not in the version I was working with.

MC 2018.12.3 - HP Z440: Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 3.50GHz 15MB 2133 6C CPU; G8U34AV 32GB DDR4-2133 (4x8GB) RegRAM; NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4GB DL-DVI(I)+2xDP 1st... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 18 2019 8:34 PM In reply to

hartfilms:

Hi Marcus,

I am on MC 2018.12.3 but this seems to be the right place to ask since you said New Blue would post a Help page for us who are moving from New Blue Titler Pro for Avid to a full Titler Pro subscription.

I went from TP5 for Avid to TP7 Ultimate. Seth helped me with the uninstall/reinstall last week, and I am waiting for Caleb to respond to my problem with saving both TP7 and MC timelines. There are several of us with the same problem over on the New Blue "Known Issue" site and Jack Dale has even made a couple of You Tube tutorials.

I followed instructions and saved 9 titles (I see them and their cache files) in my 10-minute timeline. I saved each title separately in a new project folder among the Library folders in New Blue Fx folder. Does the location of the new folder make a difference?

Once all the titles are saved, I tried to use the green check mark to save and close the timeline. At that point both TP7 and MC 2018.12.3 froze. Each time that happened, I force quit. When I reopened them, the titles had defaulted to TP7's default.

I can make new titles without a problem, which I can't do in New Blue's stop-gap Titler for Avid. So I'd rather not ask for a refund just yet. Can you help?

Thanks.

Hi Jayasri,

I'm glad you're already in touch with our support department, that really is the best way to get help with your NewBlue purchases. I'm sure you'll hear back from Caleb soon, on Mondays there are always a lot of tickets to catch up with from the weekend.

I do have two quick things to offer:

- When you open up your Media Composer project, if your Titler 7 instances have reverted back to the default text, you should be able to open the Titler Pro interface then go to File -> Open and select the title(s) that you previously saved

- When Titler Pro and Media Composer froze, how long did you wait before force quitting them? If this happens again I'd suggest giving it several minutes and see if the programs become responsive again

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 2:33 AM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,570

My reply via email hasn't appeared here, so for others following this issue, let me report that I can open and resave the saved TP7 titles when the existing title defaults. The freeze occurs when I try to close TP7. I can't even close MC. And what is strange is that when I reopen the bin, the timeline copy I was using to try out TP7 has vanished.

I wait for several minutes before force quit. Sometimes I get an error message from Avid and save the error log. At other times TP& tells me it has closed unexpectedly.

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 6:56 PM In reply to

hartfilms:

My reply via email hasn't appeared here, so for others following this issue, let me report that I can open and resave the saved TP7 titles when the existing title defaults. The freeze occurs when I try to close TP7. I can't even close MC. And what is strange is that when I reopen the bin, the timeline copy I was using to try out TP7 has vanished.

I wait for several minutes before force quit. Sometimes I get an error message from Avid and save the error log. At other times TP& tells me it has closed unexpectedly.

I'm definitely glad to hear that you are able to reopen the titles, it's good those are not being lost.

Just to make sure I understand, you made a copy of your Media Composer timeline to use to test Titler Pro 7? And after Titler freezes, that timeline is no longer in your Media Composer bin?

After you create / edit a title, how do you close the Titler Pro interface? Are you clicking the X in the upper right hand corner, then responding to the Save prompt?

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:05 PM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,570

Marcus Johnson:

Just to make sure I understand, you made a copy of your Media Composer timeline to use to test Titler Pro 7? And after Titler freezes, that timeline is no longer in your Media Composer bin?

After you create / edit a title, how do you close the Titler Pro interface? Are you clicking the X in the upper right hand corner, then responding to the Save prompt?

Thanks for keeping track, Marcus.

You are right about the MC timeline--the copy I made I put in a separate "Test" bin. The original timeline in its original bin is there, so is the Test bin, but the copy disappears. Happened each time I tried.

I tried several ways to close the TP interface. I clicked on the green check mark, bottom right and everything froze. I clicked on the x and got the Save prompt. I tried saving as a project and each title separately. The result is always the same. Everything freezes. I can open, edit and save each title separately. It's when I try to save and close the interface that I have the problem.

Hope this helps troubleshoot for everyone.

• Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:48 PM In reply to

hartfilms:

Thanks for keeping track, Marcus.

You are right about the MC timeline--the copy I made I put in a separate "Test" bin. The original timeline in its original bin is there, so is the Test bin, but the copy disappears. Happened each time I tried.

I tried several ways to close the TP interface. I clicked on the green check mark, bottom right and everything froze. I clicked on the x and got the Save prompt. I tried saving as a project and each title separately. The result is always the same. Everything freezes. I can open, edit and save each title separately. It's when I try to save and close the interface that I have the problem.

Hope this helps troubleshoot for everyone.

Try this: after editing your title, save it by going to "File -> Save" in the Titler Pro menu, then close the Titler Pro window. Do you still get the same freezing behavior?

• Wed, Nov 20 2019 9:37 PM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 152
    • Points 1,570

Marcus Johnson:
    Try this: after editing your title, save it by going to "File -> Save" in the Titler Pro menu, then close the Titler Pro window. Do you still get the same freezing behavior?

Unfortunately, yes. I can make new titles, but opening any saved titles from TP5 for Avid and editing in TP7 - standalone or in NLE - causes everything to freeze. Caleb sent me an updated TP7 version but the saving issue continues. He says the next step is for him to remote-access my system.

• Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:13 PM In reply to

hartfilms:

Unfortunately, yes. I can make new titles, but opening any saved titles from TP5 for Avid and editing in TP7 - standalone or in NLE - causes everything to freeze. Caleb sent me an updated TP7 version but the saving issue continues. He says the next step is for him to remote-access my system.

Well I'm sorry you're still experiencing the same freezing problems but I'm glad that Caleb is working directly with you, I know he'll do his best to get to the bottom of the issue.

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 8:38 PM In reply to

• David L
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 18 2011
    • Nashua, NH
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Marcus,

I seem to be getting a similar error, when I add NB7 to the timeline and NB7 pops up I get a message Preparing Title (scrub to Refresh) and there is no option to refresh from what I can see.  Also animated titles do not seem to be coming over, I have a couple of videos that demostrate my issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgex4lqxmf1tu36/AAC4bxrwBv9__oPwstam-q0Aa?dl=0

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller