Latest post Wed, Mar 25 2020 2:12 PM by Marianna. 82 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:04 PM In reply to

• dklein
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 15 2012
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,535

Re: macOS Catalina - Just Say NO!

Is there no "Open" button in the bottom of that message now when you right click it?

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:11 PM In reply to

Dang sorry to hear that. Darn computers ...yes only my latest update of Mojave talked to AVID software ... you know there is always a work-around somewhere but ugh the time spent trying to find what's right for each of our systems. It shouldn't be this hard. Just know you're not alone! Marianna at AVID is helpful. I guess use FCP as a fallback (hours rendering) until AVID have a clear solution for us all.

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:18 PM In reply to

No. Just and "OK" button. After I downloaded the beta form of AMC, I clicked on the Install Media Composer and the small vertical rectangular message that says "Verifyting Install Media Composer"... pops up with the status bar.. but after about 15 seconds, I get the message I previously mentioned in my last post. Very, very, very frustrating. Glad it works for other people.

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:23 PM In reply to

Diamondfilms..think that's what I'm going to do. If I get used to it again, and its quirks, than I might just stay with it. Figure Apple would rather have people with their MacBooks use FCP, anyways. It's all a conspiracy hahahha.. We'll see. Thanks for your advice!

• Thu, Mar 19 2020 5:09 PM In reply to

clayton8321:
    Apple would rather have people with their MacBooks use FCP, anyways.

No conspiracy here, A simple 'Our market position allows us to do as we please'.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Mar 19 2020 7:25 PM In reply to

Ha, ha yes totally agree... they're currently forcing me off my perfectly good (but old) macbook because "my computer no longer supports the browser" and cannot open newer browser versions. Such a load of ... Ugh.

:-)

• Wed, Mar 25 2020 8:27 AM In reply to

Hi Marianna, there is the plugin for xdcam disc compatible for catalina?

Thanks

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Mar 25 2020 2:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,996
    • Points 228,380
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

According to Nablets site - no.

http://www.nablet.com/products/plugins/avid-media-composer/xavc-xdcam-ama-plugin/

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 6 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller