Latest post Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:52 AM by pierreh. 16 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 25 2019 12:02 AM In reply to

• chuckkahn
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,340

Re: Hollywood studios hit by Avid shutdowns on Mac Pro

Google Support said:  “We have not recognized this as an emerging issue since it does not involve Search or another one of our products.”

Avid Media Composer 2018.12.10 / MacOS High Sierra / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) / 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:52 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,278
    • Points 15,490

Re: Hollywood studios hit by Avid shutdowns on Mac Pro

Dom Q. Silverio:

everyone is saying Avid because of all the Macs on the West Coast and the Variety article  

That says a lot about the amount of noise Hollywood can make on a global level! It went viral and lots of news websites here in Europe - and not just Mac centric websites - posted articles about it. Triggering a flood of hate messages against Avid...

Gotta say, Avid was prompt to react. Ok, they didn't come up with a solution because they were not really the problem - (IT here has always refused to have any Google software on our production machines, wise), but at least they reacted.

Now what's interesting is that a lot of the machines that were hit are older Macs on which SIP was disabled. Why was it disabled? Because those guys are running GPUs or other video cards which required system drivers that Apple wouldn't bless officially. Says a lot about Apple and their obsolete machines that we have to hack to keep them working!

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller