Latest post Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:04 PM by chuckkahn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 17 2019 3:41 PM

• chuckkahn
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,340

adjusting take line lengths in script

Are there alternate ways of adjusting take line lengths in the script?   (Other than dragging the beginning & end marks as described in the manual.)    I have slates where the line lengths vary widely from sub-take to sub-take and it takes a lot of time to drag those beginning & end marks around.

Avid Media Composer 2018.12.10 / MacOS High Sierra / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) / 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 19 2019 3:27 PM In reply to

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 73
    • Points 795

Re: adjusting take line lengths in script

You know you can lasso them and drag multiple takes right? Are you wanting to go to a line in the script and hit 'out' for example? That would be handy.

I'm constantly battling scriptsync. Love it and couldn't edit without it, but it has so many quirks it's crazy.

EDIT:

went back and looked at an earlier conversation we had and saw that you subclip everything, which would totall alleviate our issue with repeated lines linking up to the wrong point.

also saw that you've figure out the take thing. So thanks for all the detective work!

I noticed that you have all of your take numbers correctly displaying! Do you have a trick for that. Mine never work I think because AVID doesn't allow you to add take info to group clips.

Also, I see that you have a lot of restarts but are not putting marks at the start/end of your takes. Doesn't this cause trouble when you go to scriptsync? Without doing this, SS was constantly putting the wrong version of the line too early or late etc.

MC 2020.8 // OS10.15.6 // iMac 2019 3.6 i9 // 72GB Ram // Vega 48 // [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 19 2019 4:00 PM In reply to

• chuckkahn
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Toronto
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,340

I've stopped subclipping and switched to the other method where you drag the same clip multiple times and set sub-take start/end regions with scipt marks at "action" and "let's go again" and then run ScriptSync with the "Sync between first and last mark" checked.   That screen grab was from back when I was still using the subclip method.  I'll post a another screen grab with start/end marks.

I know I can drag multiple take lines at once and I do that.   But there has to be an easier way because it's still a lot of dragging.

Displaying the correct take numbers is tricky.   Yes you can put a take number in the bin's take column.  But not on group-clips.   Group clips do show take numbers in the script -- so they must pass on that number from the original clips.  But not if the first clip in a group starts later than subsequent clips, ie., appears blank in multicam quad-view.

Avid Media Composer 2018.12.10 / MacOS High Sierra / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) / 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 19 2019 6:04 PM In reply to

• chuckkahn
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Toronto
    • Posts 396
    • Points 4,340

I'm wondering if this Mac accesibility feature "Control the pointer using Mouse Keys" would work, but I can't seem to figure out how to command-click the beginning mark using the method yet.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mh27469/10.13/mac/10.13.6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller