Latest post Mon, Aug 31 2020 6:46 PM by David Parke. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 1 2019 12:40 PM

• CeeBee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 5 2016
    • Posts 27
    • Points 335

Deactivate Phrasefind and Scripsync in Trial Mode

Dear all,

after a systemcrash i try to bring my project back to work. Unfortunatelly i start Avid in trial mode and now this Phrasefind indexer killing the whole harddrive performance and slow down the system.
    Is there a way just to deactivate it? Because i do not know if this is connected to the other prolbem: when i try to save bins Avid went grey and do not responce anymore.

This is realy anoying.

Any suggestions?

• Sun, Sep 1 2019 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: Deactivate Phrasefind and Scripsync in Trial Mode

You can deactivate the options using the Avid Link app, but first I'd try this:

In the Project folder, you have a folder called SearchData which contains a file called _SearchDB_.

This file is the database created by Find when it indexes the bins of your project. If you have PhraseFind installed, you will also see a folder called PhoneticData which contains a number of files with a .pat extension; these files contain the phonetic information for each of the audio clips within your project.  One .pat file will be created per clip.

I would delete the SearchData and PhoneticData folders from your Project folder that is suspect. Note that you can only delete these folders  when your editing application is not running.

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Sep 1 2019 1:34 PM In reply to

• CeeBee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 5 2016
    • Posts 27
    • Points 335

Hi,

thank you, but

i deleated this folders but after a restart of the project there are back and it is working again. And since this options are enabled thru the trial proces i cant deactivate them thru Avid Link.

This was my first tries - sorry for dont mention them.

Kind Regards

c.

• Thu, Aug 27 2020 9:15 PM In reply to

• David Parke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 6 2011
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 24
    • Points 280

Boy would I also love the option to deactiivate the trial. I am stuck having to turn off bin indexing until 9/23/20 on this system now. I wish once we used our dongle to activate our account that it would deactivate all trials. Or make this button not greyed out. Sad

2020 Retina 5K iMac 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz 40GB RAM | Radeon Pro 5300 4GB | Archion shared storage | MC 2020.8 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 27 2020 9:56 PM In reply to

• ZFigas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 31 2006
    • Poland
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,680

I have struggled with various Avid problems several times, wasting my time unnecessarily on it. Now I changed the method, working files and project I have on the D: \ drive. I regularly make incremental backups (Paragon) of the system and hourly sync drive D: to another drive and run restore in similar cases. I have never had anything like this before.

Zb.

HP Z8 G4, 2xXeon-6246R, 128 GB RAM, Win 10 Ultimate, MC 2020.10, Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000, Boris Red 5.6, BCC 14.0, Saphire 11.0.2 Adobe CC, TMPGenc [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 30 2020 2:56 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,766
    • Points 67,710

Deactivate MC, go to C:\ProgramData\Avid (You may need to enable show hidden/system files in Windows Explorer), delete the folders Licenses and SWL, reactivate MC. Hope this works.

Symphony 20.10, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Aug 31 2020 6:46 PM In reply to

• David Parke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 6 2011
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 24
    • Points 280

This worked. Thanks!!

2020 Retina 5K iMac 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz 40GB RAM | Radeon Pro 5300 4GB | Archion shared storage | MC 2020.8 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller