Latest post Wed, Sep 18 2019 8:05 PM by Watchmen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 30 2019 11:25 AM

• Watchmen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 11 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135

2K DCI Scope project with various FPS and formats...

Hi Guys,

Quick question which I cannot find the answer to on this forum:

We are currently editing a feature film which will be delivered at 2K DCI Scope 25FPS. Most of the footage has the same specs as the delivery. But the director also shot loads of material at 50/100/200 FPS in either UHD or HD. All the material is transcoded to DNXHD LB with the option "Keep Sources Framerate" checked.

A frameflex effect is added automaticaly to the clips in the timeline so we can resize UHD and HD clips to the 2k DCI Scope format (so far so good.....) However, the motion speed effect is gone, we cannot change the clip speed anymore. Also adding a timewarp effect to the clip seems impossible. 

How do we go about this? We want to be able to change clip speed to slow motion AND reformat the dimensions of the same clip. It's really important for us to find a suitable answer, since the production cannot continue right now. We hope some of you can help us. Thanks in advance!

• Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:06 PM In reply to

Re: 2K DCI Scope project with various FPS and formats...

So, in the bin, those clips are listed at the project frame rate? Or are they showing different frame rates in the bin and you're only having trouble once dropped into the timeline?

What version of MC?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:42 PM In reply to

• Watchmen
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135

Kevin Klimek:

So, in the bin, those clips are listed at the project frame rate? Or are they showing different frame rates in the bin and you're only having trouble once dropped into the timeline?

What version of MC?

In the bin the clips are listed as their native fps. In the timeline it dissapears. No motion effects available.

in a regular HD project, It does work. There i see the Motion effects on the timeline. Just not in my 2k scope project.

im on the latest version of avid Mac. (Downloaded 7 days ago).

• Mon, Sep 2 2019 7:21 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Silly question: Same user settings on the timeline display in both projects?  Is Show Adapters set to All?

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Sep 18 2019 4:10 PM In reply to

• Watchmen
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135

hbrock:

Silly question: Same user settings on the timeline display in both projects?  Is Show Adapters set to All?

Yes same user settings. How can I check if show adapters is set to all? When I enter effects mode, I only see the "frameflex" adapter. I still do not have a solution for my problem unfortunately.

• Wed, Sep 18 2019 5:56 PM In reply to

If open the Motion Effect editor window, what does it say?

Can you "promote" the motion FX from that window?

MC 2019.12, W10, Gigabyte X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 32GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2012... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 18 2019 8:05 PM In reply to

• Watchmen
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135

Dom Q. Silverio:

If open the Motion Effect editor window, what does it say?

Can you "promote" the motion FX from that window?

Thanks for saving my life. I feel so stupid, but it does not matter anymore, its fixed now.
    I had to promote it via the tools menu -> motion effect editor window like you said.
    The reason I could not find it was because I was used to the fact that the speed adapter was always already there on the clip itself. Changing the project to a different aspect ratio/format deleted that speed motion icon on the clips. Therefore I was too fixed on the fact that the adapter was not on the clip and in the effects tab anymore, and did not look in the tools menu.

Topic can be closed.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller