Latest post Wed, Aug 28 2019 8:45 PM by wkumingo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 26 2019 11:27 PM

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

Avid Link doesn't remember activation codes or system ID, what a pain

I haven't had to deactivate MC (2019.7) in a while, but I just had to. When I deactivated, Avid Link (also 2019.7) automatically deacativated ALL of my options including PhraseFind, ScriptSync, and Symphony. When I tried to reactivate them the System ID is blank AND the Activation ID fields are blank too.

This is requiring me to log on to Avid.com, sign-in, go to the product page, and then COPY AND PASTE my System ID and Activation codes listed under each option from the web site into Avid Link. 

If I SIGN IN to Avid Link, shouldn't this information ALREADY be there? Isn't that the point of signing in?

Also, this problem is 100% reproduceable every single time I deactivate on both my desktop and laptop. Please fix.

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 27 2019 2:02 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,856
    • Points 31,605
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Link doesn't remember activation codes or system ID, what a pain

Hi wkumingo,

I'm not sure if this will help but there is a feature in Avid Link to copy all license information to the clipboard, select "Preference" tab then go to copy license info. Thanks!

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 28 2019 3:06 AM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

RalphC:
    select "Preference" tab then go to copy license info

This resulting text file does contain the system ID and activation codes. But this also proves my point that if Avid Link already knows this info then why do I have to MANUALLY copy and paste to reactive my products? It's all so archaic.

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 28 2019 6:16 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,856
    • Points 31,605
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

This is what I see. Are you log in when you copy to the clipboard?

Media Composer
        Device ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        System ID: XXXXXXXXXXX
        Activation ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
        License status: Activated
        License Type: Subscription
        Expiration: 9/27/2019

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.15.7 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 28 2019 8:45 PM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,545

RalphC:
    This is what I see.

Please reread my previous post. Yes, the info generated by copy to clipboard HAS this info. But I have to copy and paste from a text file generated by the program BACK INTO THE SAME PROGRAM.

It's still a problem under 2019.8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller