Latest post Tue, Aug 20 2019 11:50 AM by cocarroll. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 10:19 AM

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 22 2007
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 70
    • Points 915

Transparent Title with Video behind

Hi,

I'm trying to have a title which will start off small and grow bigger with video moving behid the letters. Eventually the camera will fly through the word showng the full screen video behind.

Using a standard Marquee generated title, I have managed to get the word to scale up, but only to 400% which is not big enough. I have nested into the title and replaced the colour layer with the video layer, but this also scales up which is not what I want.I'm trying to do it from within MC only.

I have tried lots of things getting close, but not what I want.

Any ideas on how I might achieve this?

Thanks,

Cian.

Windows 7 64bit, Quadro K2000, 32G RAM, MC7.0.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 12:34 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,165

Re: Transparent Title with Video behind

Rather simple but maybe effective enough: In the effect editor convert the title-effect into a 3D-Warp. Then you can use the z-position as an additional zoom. Plus you can use the defocus setting to blur the title if necessary.

• Mon, Aug 19 2019 12:38 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,756
    • Points 62,020

You will probably need BCC Title Studio (BorisFX) or will need to perform this outside of Media Composer in something like Resolve 16's Fusion page.

BCC Title Studio would allow you to stay in Media Composer but at a $$$ cost.

I'm looking forward to hearing from others who might have a different take on this. I tried using Title+ to do this without any luck (and mostly frustration).

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:44 PM In reply to

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 70
    • Points 915

I gave up on Title+ very early on - every time I changed one scale, another would change automatically to counteract my first change.

I'm almost there. I animated the text in Marquee, and with a combination of Scale and Position managed to fly all the way "through" the word. However, when I deleted the fill part of the title, the surrounding "Black" becomes somewhat transparent, so there is a shadow of the background video visible on the full screen.

I do have an old verison of BorisFX, so how would I do it in that? I also tried this but I don't know my way aropund well enough.

I really don't fancy trying to learn Resolve for one effect.

• Mon, Aug 19 2019 4:37 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,774
    • Points 48,230
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

It might be easier to do this the old film way. Render out just your expanding title to a clip and ingest that. Render out a second copy of your expanding  title with the title completely white against a black background (the matte) and ingest that. Put the matte on V3, the clip on V2, and the title on V1. Add the Matte effect to the clip on V3. You should now have what you want.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Aug 20 2019 8:23 AM In reply to

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 70
    • Points 915

Bingo!

I did it slightly differently I didn't need V2 stage as my clip was white on black anyway! It looks great! Thanks,

C.

• Tue, Aug 20 2019 10:41 AM In reply to

Is this of any help?

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to-insert-video-inside-a-title-in-avid-media-composer/

MC/SN 2018.6+7+8+9+12 x 16 Z400/420/440/800/820 PC's on W7/10 x64. 3 x Mac, 4 x PT 2019.12 HDX, S6 , X-MON, all on PCs. NEXIS E4 & ISIS 5000 X... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 20 2019 11:50 AM In reply to

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 70
    • Points 915

Thanks. That makes the process nice and clear. There is something odd going on in my actual sequence. I can get it to work in the test sequence but not in the real one! Will export and re-import when finalised.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller