Latest post Sun, Jul 28 2019 11:01 PM by TrevorA. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 26 2019 10:27 AM

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,257
    • Points 14,190

2019.6 couple of requests

These may already be available... do tell if they are.

1. Give us back real estate: Option to make tabs only visible when a certain key combo is pressed (e.g. alt & tab together show the bin container tabs, the bins within a container tabs, the top title bar, the container title bars ('timeline', 'composer' etc). 

1a. If there is only one tab in a panel then I *know* it is the composer, or timeline window. 

2. Previously requested 'maximise current window' option ('tilde' in PPro)

3. Option to fix the source/record windows at project aspect ratio.

4. Shortcut to show/hide sidebar (bin list) in bin container

5. Search in effect palette should search categories as well as effects (e.g. blend should reveal blend category) - as an option

iMac 5K on High Sierra MC 2020.5, HP z420 MC 2020.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 27 2019 6:23 PM In reply to

Re: 2019.6 couple of requests

Yes, give us back real estate please.

+1

For the same reason allow us to name the tracks in the mixer: not append the A1 A2 etc.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 28 2019 7:24 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,257
    • Points 14,190

David Yardley:

allow us to name the tracks in the mixer: not append the A1 A2 etc.

As an option though, I always used to stick the track # in the name...

iMac 5K on High Sierra MC 2020.5, HP z420 MC 2020.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 28 2019 4:54 PM In reply to

TrevorA:

These may already be available... do tell if they are.

4. Shortcut to show/hide sidebar (bin list) in bin container

First of all, +1.

I have found (on Win v2019.7) that this series of keyboard commands does the job:

a. Highlighlight the Vertical Tool Bar of Bin Container you want to toggle (Hide/Show) the Sidebar of.

b. Press "Alt" modifier and release.

c. Press "B" which opens the MC Bin  Drop-down Menus.

d. Press UP arrow 3 times to highlight "Hide Sidebar" or "Show Sidebar", then press Enter.*

* I see that IF there is nothing "tabbed" / visible on right side of a Bin Container, (i.e. an empty space is seen), then the   Drop-down also offers: "Show Sidebar Only" or "Show Sidebar and Bin Panel" when that Bin Container is Active, i.e. Highlighted. It is possible then using the mouse or with the above Bin Menus to make the whole Bin Container look empty.

Brave new world...

TrevorA:

Plus +1 for sure.

All the new connected-panel "adjust-ability" is neat, but I too would like to also have back what was ever-present in prior MC versions -- is that what you mean by "...fix.....at project aspect ratio"? Can you say what your main reason for needing this request is?

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 28 2019 11:01 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,257
    • Points 14,190

Telegram!:

TrevorA:

Plus +1 for sure.

All the new connected-panel "adjust-ability" is neat, but I too would like to also have back what was ever-present in prior MC versions -- is that what you mean by "...fix.....at project aspect ratio"? Can you say what your main reason for needing this request is?

For my projects it means keep the source/record windows at 16:9, don’t allow weird aspects that require pillar/letterboxing. At least allow a constraining modifier key when resizing the Composer window.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller