Latest post Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:29 AM by BarkinMadd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 3 2019 10:11 AM

• dew
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 593
    • Points 7,525

effects help.

This has always driven me nuts about Avid and they just refuse to fix (this has to be a bug) change this. Someone please give me info on how to stop the 3d warp from affecting the bottom layer. Here is the setup

I created a title in bluefx Titler Pro. I have placed this text over a background layer. The background layer has some movement so I would like to add tracking the title to make it feel like its part of the background. I apply a 3d warp, add tracking to position and now I have a copy of the background that moves with the text. I just need the text to move, not a copy of the background layer with the text moving. Someone hlep please. This is just stupid. 

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 10:48 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,756
    • Points 62,020

Re: effects help.

I use BCC to solve this issue because Avid does not have a ready solution with Titler Pro. I did a quick Google search with your question in mind and found this question asked but not answered on this forum. Honestly, the BCC toolkit resolves this issue - without it Avid is severely limited in this regard as far as I can tell.

I should add that even with BCC I had to ask the team at BorisFX directly because I couldn't figure it out for some reason - lol

In the end, I used their BCC Tiitle Studio and BCC Match Move (or BCC Corner Pin) to accomplish tracking text on a moving background.

Funny enough, Avid's original title tool has a tracking ability if memory serves so the absense of a tracker in Titler Pro and in the new Title Plus tool is a real miss in my estimation. BCC is expensive but it is really an indispensible toolkit for Media Composer.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 11:02 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 593
    • Points 7,525

Hey thanks for the response. Yes this whole thing is a mess. I just don't understand the logic in this. I have boris but an older version. My issue with Boris is they charge more for MC then they do its competitors so Ive been hesitant to upgrade but given how limited MC is, it is needed. This seems like it should be something simple. 

• Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:29 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,756
    • Points 62,020

FWIW - if you could create a matte for your Titler Pro title then you could perform a mixdown of the title (solo - no background video) and the associated matte and then use the matte key effect to perform the compositing and tracking. This is actually how the original Title tool is implemented. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller