Latest post Mon, May 21 2018 12:33 PM by DStone. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 8 2018 3:17 PM

• OWSucks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2012
    • Posts 36
    • Points 625

Help with Export Error: Exception: std::exception, what:[CQTExportWorkingThreadBody] Threads::SendThreatMessage: Thread message queue full MainThread ~DeferredDisplayTherm

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm encountering the following error when exporting from AVID:

Exception: std::exception, what:[CQTExportWorkingThreadBody] Threads::SendThreatMessage: Thread message queue full MainThread ~DeferredDisplayTherm

I'm running MC 8.4.4 on Windows 10 64bit.

My workflow is Davinci Resolve, make proxies> AVID 1080p project, offline edit> Davinci Resolve, online colour, generate new aaf> relink in new AVID 4K project, export.

This wasn't a problem yesterday. I've exported four previous timelines from this exact project using this workflow with no issues.

I was able to render half of this timeline, marked with I/O, no problem. But when I select the full timeline, I'm getting this error. 

The export is generating a file of the correct size, based on comparisons to the exports of previous timelines, but it's broken and can't be opened, even by AVID itself.

The only other thread I could find on this issue suggested a new user profile would solve the issue, but it persists for me wih a fresh user profile.

Any and all support is appreciated.

Custom Build PC | Media Composer v8.5 | Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1070 | 32 GB DDR3 1600 RAM | [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 8 2018 4:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,903
    • Points 259,825
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Help with Export Error: Exception: std::exception, what:[CQTExportWorkingThreadBody] Threads::SendThreatMessage: Thread message queue full MainThread ~DeferredDisplayTherm

OW....

Creating a New User Profile usually does resolves the export issue you are seeing.....  but, it would be good to know if this just started happening or has there been any updates at all to the system including Win 10? 

Possible to try to render the back 1/2 of  the timeline? I know the front half worked.  That way we can narrow it down some?

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 9 2018 10:02 AM In reply to

• OWSucks
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 36
    • Points 625

Re: Help with Export Error: Exception: std::exception, what:[CQTExportWorkingThreadBody] Threads::SendThreatMessage: Thread message queue full MainThread ~DeferredDisplayTherm

Hi Marianna,

The last update that Windows 10 did was on April 10th. The issue is more recent than that.

EDIT: I'm trying to export the second half now.

EDIT 2: I'm able to export the second half, no problem. I still get the error message and broken file when I try to export the whole timeline however.

Custom Build PC | Media Composer v8.5 | Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1070 | 32 GB DDR3 1600 RAM | [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 9 2018 1:56 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,969
    • Points 50,650
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Just for grins, try exporting 1/2 of the timeline centered around the middle of the tmeline.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, May 20 2018 10:06 AM In reply to

• OWSucks
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 36
    • Points 625

The middle exports fine too.

This isn't specific to one timeline, it's all timelines. I still can't export an entire timeline.

• Mon, May 21 2018 1:35 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,969
    • Points 50,650

OK, it's time to delve a little deeper. First, how long is your timeline. Second, if you make a second sequence consisting of just the first 1/2 of the original sequence and export that entire timeline, does that work?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC (generally the latest or the one just before) [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Mon, May 21 2018 12:14 PM In reply to

• OWSucks
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 36
    • Points 625

Timeline is 12 mins 46 seconds.

Okay so i duplicated the timeline and deleted the second half, so I had a timeline of the first half only, running at abotu 7 minutes. That exported fine.

I repeated this and deleted less, so the timeline was longer. That also exported fine.

I kept doing this deleting less and less, all no problem.

I then duplicated the timeline again, and this time copied the last clip so there were two, one after the other. I set in/ out on everything except the final duplicate clip, and that exported fine too.

I then deleted that extra clip, so the duplicate timeline was an exact copy of the original. I hit export and... it worked?!

So to summarise, when I tried to export the original timeline, I got the error. But when I duplicated the timeline, copied and then deleted a clip, then exported, it worked fine?

Is it just that AVID doesn't like the timelines coming in from Resolve? Should I bring another timeline in from Resolve, dupliate it, and then export the duplicate right away to see if that works?

• Mon, May 21 2018 12:33 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,969
    • Points 50,650

I bring in timelines from Resolve without issue. So do a lot of other users. What is your workflow for roundtripping (or just ingesting) with Resolve?

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller