Latest post Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:11 PM by Ryan Johnson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 29 2018 9:59 AM

• nigelad
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 560
    • Points 6,515
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

AJA T-tap

Hello to any AJA T-tap users out there!

I am testing one out with an LG OLED55B6  TV. It seems to work ok and avoids the problems we had with a BM device [below].

I get a green matrix screen whenever I launch MC [v8.6.1] which clears when the app is open. I also occasionally get a "incorrect format" warning from the TV on launching MC. A reboot fixes this. 

Is anybody else seeing these issues?

I'm trying the T-tap because we have problems with our BM mini-monitors feeding these 4K LG OLED tvs. After a couple of hours a white a line and/or white 'sparkling'  appears on the left of the tv. I swapped out mini-monitors and had the same problem - but they are fine with Toshiba 1080p tvs.

Thanks

Nigel

ISIS 5500, MC 18.12.7 & PT 18.12 on Mac OS 10.12.6 & 10.13.6 with BMD Mini-Monitors, UltraStudio 4K and AJA T-taps. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 6 2019 7:28 PM In reply to

Re: AJA T-tap

My T Tap works fine with MC 2019.  BUT, it still crashes on quit.  Remove T Tap and quit is normal

Mac Pro (late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core E5 32 DDR3 OS 10.14.5 MC 2019.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 6 2019 7:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,531
    • Points 235,135
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Castlegatemedia:

My T Tap works fine with MC 2019.  BUT, it still crashes on quit.  Remove T Tap and quit is normal

What driver version are you on?

They have a new driver version 

AJA Software Installer v15.2.2 - Mac

https://www.aja.com/products/t-tap#support

marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 15 2020 11:58 PM In reply to

• rcooper
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 95
    • Points 1,395

When playing media with the toggle hardware button activated, I only get audio from the monitor plugged into the AJA T-TAP. I cant get audio out of the sound card and into my mixing board. When I disable the hardware button, of course I lose the video feed to the TTAP monitor, but the audio returns via sound card.

Is there a way to display video on the TTAP monitor and audio through my sound card?

MAC pro OS 10.6.8, 5GB RAM, 2.66 quad core Xeon, MC vers. 5.5.3, nvidia Gforce GT120, LG DVI-D monitors, matrox mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 16 2020 5:09 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Nope.  Avid will always send audio to the i/o device if there is one connected.  You can feed the audio board with decoded audio from the monitor or using an external HDMI or SDI de-embeder.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:11 PM In reply to

• Ryan Johnson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 12 2006
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 55
    • Points 700

This is true, however I think it would be very helpful if Avid offered the ability to route audio separately from video.

FYI, the NDI Open_IO plugin (previously included by default with MC) includes the ability to “Play local audio when broadcasting.” A similar feature for hardware Open IO (AJA, Blackmagic) would be useful in certain scenarios... Using headphones while sending video via HDMI to a TV for example. 

Getting an analog audio output from existing hardware IO devices is a hassle- Neither the AJA T-TAP or Blackmagic MiniMonitor offer this. A de-embedder is ceratinly an option, but it's more devices, cables, power supplies to carry and manage.

My two cents.

-Ryan

iMacs, MacPro's, OSX 10.14.6, MC 2019.12, Nexis 2019.12 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller