Latest post Fri, Jul 14 2017 8:55 PM by Jim Howat. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 1 2017 9:24 PM

• Johnny Diesel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 650

export to OMF (not AAF) with v.8.8.2?

Am I crazy, or there is now no option to export OMF? Can do AAF, but my DAW (Cubase) does not read AAF.

JUST did this with a previous version of Avid. Did it move are is it no longer an option??

Homebuilt: Win 10 on Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Xeon E5-1650 v3 at 3.5 GHZ 6-core, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Canopus... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 2 2017 7:06 AM In reply to

Re: export to OMF (not AAF) with v.8.8.2?

You have switched your project to an SD format? OMF export is only available in SD projects.

You can switch back to HD after the export.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Mon, Jun 5 2017 2:37 AM In reply to

• Johnny Diesel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 650

Ah, quite right. I was not aware of the SD limitation.Thanks!

In the end OMF export didn't work for other reasons, but FYI, for anyone trying to OMF to Cubase but then have problems (like I did) you can do an AAF out of Avid,  then import into the trial of Nuendo which you can use for 250 TOTAL hours. Then do an OMF export from Nuendo onto Cubase.  If all you do in Nuendo is convert AAF to OMF, that trial will last a long time.

Homebuilt: Win 10 on Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Xeon E5-1650 v3 at 3.5 GHZ 6-core, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Canopus... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 5 2017 11:48 AM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 591
    • Points 6,995

OMF export should work though.

make a copy of the timeline, remove video tracks and transcode the audio to 24/48 and try again.

note the 2GB filesize limit for OMF.

if you're not into music production but only mixing, do yourself a favour and give Pro Toool a spin.

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-7, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 13 2017 11:43 PM In reply to

• il_editore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 22 2006
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 35
    • Points 440

How does one transcode the audio (after deleting the video tracks)?  Is there a way to do it directly from the timeline?

27" iMac with Quad-Core 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon 1024 MB, Mac OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]

il_editore

• Fri, Jul 14 2017 8:33 AM In reply to

Yes you can select the sequence in the bin and choose to transcode from there.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, Jul 14 2017 8:55 PM In reply to

• Jim Howat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 12 2017
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

This is in the past for me, but omf exports always failed if you set the media type to wav or aiff (from "as project") at the point of export. To stand a chance of it working, leave it at the default. The consolidate will take place (I think) and it will then stop and prompt you for the file type.

jim

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller