Latest post Wed, Mar 22 2017 7:09 PM by Lukas Boeck. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 22 2017 5:40 PM

importing stills

Hello,

I'm working on a long form documentary that will be finished in 4k for theatre release. I have a multitude of source archives, but also I'm using some stills. The photographer has the original 4x5 negatives and will rescan in the resolution I need.

I will be zooming in the photos sometimes to 200%, ie half the original framing. 

What would be the best resolution to ask for, and is png the best format, and for the online and for the conform

Any and all info appreciated

Avid & FCP editor, now installing A Fractal Intel 4 core 4.5Ghz, Windows 10, Avid 2019.12 new install, BlackMagic Decklink 4k studio card Migrating... [view my complete system specs]

Yo, let's get this done, and then go outside and play

• Wed, Mar 22 2017 7:09 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 596
    • Points 7,070

Re: importing stills

i'd say

resoultion: all you got. 8000 by something

higher bitdepth (16?) won't hurt, since you'll be finishing in 10bit

i guess this will be more about removing moire and scratches than abought resolution though.

you do know about the pan & zoom effect?

if it needs to be fancy i'd take the pics into AE i guess.

MC 2018.12.2 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-7, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller