Latest post Mon, Jun 17 2019 9:09 PM by BarkinMadd. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 23 2016 5:00 PM

Track a New Blue title in video clip

I created a title with New blue titler and have it on V2. this clip is a panning shot of the parking lot on V1. I want the title to be revealed as the pan ends and stops at the title. 

I recreate this title in BCC 10 title studio I am trying to use this title with Mocha tracking by following this video
    https://vimeo.com/141952226

Seems you use the tracking data from mocha using an effect/save it/ and apply it to match move effect.  I can not get this to work well. Has anyone tried this?

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

• Sun, Jul 24 2016 12:57 AM In reply to

Re: Track a New Blue title in video clip

I started using Match Move tracking with Pixel chooser from Gaussian Blur. I saved that data and applied it to Match Move. I applied it to the filter layer in Match Move since I had title Studio on that track. 

Accordiing to this tutorial you have to use composting to get rid of background. Is there a better way to just get the text without the lower layer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-V_tdjw2Mw

View photo by right clicking in other tab

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

• Sun, Jun 16 2019 3:41 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,755
    • Points 62,015

Three years later and I have the same question. How to track a BCC title studio title over a video layer where mocha is used to track an element of the video layer...

Can this be done in Media Composer?

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sun, Jun 16 2019 5:48 PM In reply to

Boris FX set me up with Mary Popins, who was going to tutor me on how to accomplish  this (never connected) but I guess it rather tough to  track as the surface does not have a good texture plain to follow. I have never found the answer to this. Ask Boris FX support.

• Sun, Jun 16 2019 8:59 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,755
    • Points 62,015

Hi Ronald,

i can't believe you never got an answer to this. I've asked this question on the BorisFX forum. We will see. 

Even the old Avid Titler had a motion tracker built into the matte control. This is an essential compositing technique (where a text block appears to be attached to an object in a scene). 

i feel I must be missing something.

Thanks for the update!

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2020.6 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Jun 17 2019 9:09 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,755
    • Points 62,015

With regard to accomplishing this with BCC Title Studio (won't work with Titler Pro AFAIK)...

I got this from the BorisFX team (can use either match move or corner pinning). The trick here is to set the background of the BCC Title Studio title to None and then in the match move (or corner pin) select background as track below.

Note that there are actually two different workflows depending on whether your BCC Title Studio title is below the desired video track or above. Here is the workflow where the title and match move (or corner pin) are placed on a filler layer above the video layer:

Workflow 2 - Stack the tracking filter (Match Move or Corner Pin) on top of Title Studio.
    1. Put the background clip V1
    2. Apply Title Studio to filler on V2 and set up the title as desired.
    3. Set the Background menu near the top of Title Studio to None. Initially this makes the title composite over black but this makes sure the alpha of the title is preserved for the next steps.
    4. ALT+Drag Match Move on top of Title Studio so they are stacked.
    5. Under the Match Move param group set the MM Foreground to Filter Layer. Now you see your title over the background again.
    6. Change MM Background to 1st Below. (Doesn’t seem to change anything but this is what tells mocha to track the background layer in the next step.)
    7. Open the Motion Tracker / Mocha group, launch Mocha, track, and then apply back to the host.
    8. Fine tune with the transform settings as necessary.

Big shout out to the folks at BorisFX for providing this gem of a solution. Thanks guys!

BTW - for Corner Pinning the procedure is almost identical - on the Corner Pin settings set the background to first below (equivalent to step 5) and corner pin source is the filter layer (the layer BCC title and corner pin filters are applied - V2). Also - when tracking the corner pinning in mocha, just track translation of each corner (each corner has its own settings so you must select each tracker and then disable rotation/scale per tracker.

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller