Latest post Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:02 PM by Marianna. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 7 2016 4:01 PM

Getting "didreader xraiseunexpectedstreamstatus async timeout error" constantly

I don't know why, but I keep getting the didreader xraiseunexpectedstreamstatus async timeout error. I don't know the exact cause, as it's different every time, but all of a sudden, I'll try to play a group or a transcoded clip -- no effects or color correction or anything -- and I'll just get audio, no video. If I disable the monitor and just listen to the audio, it's fine, but if I make the mistake of trying to actually see my footage, I get the error. When I switch users or trash settings, I get the same thing in every project. Recently, I've also been getting "Exception: Error." Non-stop. My entire job is syncing and making multigroups and I can't play my files.

I'm running MC 8.5.1 and MAC OSX 10.10.4 with 8GB of ram. I shut off my computer every night and start every morning by trashing database and MC State files to start with as clean of a slate as possible. Even doing all of this, I only get about an hour or so of work in before the errors start up again. What am I doing wrong?

Avid Media Composer 8.6.0 • MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.4 • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 • AMD Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 7 2016 5:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,267
    • Points 231,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Getting "didreader xraiseunexpectedstreamstatus async timeout error" constantly

Only seen this once before....

It was a hardware error. The custoemr was running a Lacie eSata hub to a Raid drive array. The hub needed to be rebooted.

whats your overall setup?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:33 PM In reply to

Re: Getting "didreader xraiseunexpectedstreamstatus async timeout error" constantly

2013 iMac, but the project, the media, and all the transcoded files are on a 16TB AppleRAID version 2.0. Could that be causing the problem? I'm working back and forth between mine and the editor's Avid, and I only have trouble with the RAID. 

Avid Media Composer 8.6.0 • MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.4 • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 • AMD Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 23 2016 7:16 PM In reply to

• CFPCA_WSU
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 23 2016
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

I too am getting this error but i am working off an ISIS 5500

It is happening on a new windows 10 box with MC 8.6.3 , we had to re-encode the clips from the tricaster to even get them in the editor, now this problem is happening. Any clue anyone

• Wed, Sep 27 2017 9:50 PM In reply to

• J. Seibel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 18 2013
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 29
    • Points 335
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

We are getting this on Avid 8.9 and we are on NEXIS.  Any thoughts?  

• Sat, Nov 25 2017 8:12 AM In reply to

I too am getting this error. Ever since I upgraded to the latest Avid version it's been bugging....

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 8:42 AM In reply to

Crying [:'(] Re: Getting "didreader xraiseunexpectedstreamstatus async timeout error" constantly

I'm not the only one with this problem. I know is not the files or hardware because I could edit the same files in Final Cut X.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 8:43 AM In reply to

Anothe screenshot with problem. 

I tried importing instead of linking and same problem.

• Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,267
    • Points 231,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Try this as normally this is what fixes it.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/en268209

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller