Latest post Fri, Mar 4 2016 3:31 PM by omsupport. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 1 2016 1:41 PM

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 20 2013
    • Posts 83
    • Points 900

Search for checked-in assets only?

It may just be me, but I'd find it useful to have a Search option that only returns checked-in assets. At the moment (unless I'm missing something) it always returns both checked-in assets and referenced-only assets and doesn't distinguish between them.

That is, if I search for all assets inside a folder tree and there's a sequence using a load of clips, those clips are always returned even if they aren't actually checked into that tree anywhere. To tell if an asset is actually checked in I then have to use GetChildren on its parent folder to see if it gets returned.

And I don't know if any enhancements are planned to the other Search parameters, but it would also be handy to define a User attribute as having a date value (at the moment date-based searches are restricted to System attributes).

And to go the whole hog it would be nice to have STARTS_WITH and ENDS_WITH conditions for strings, or maybe even simple wildcard-matching.

• Thu, Mar 3 2016 4:59 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Search for checked-in assets only?

omsupport,

Did you see the InUse flag in the Search() call?

From the doc:

The FileInUseConditionType XML type represents a condition based on whether or a not a file is currently labeled as in use (referenced by another asset). Not specifying a FileInUseConditionType will disregard the asset's state of usage.

For example:

<typ:FileInUseCondition InUse="true"/>

Hope this helps.

- Rob

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 9:07 AM In reply to

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 83
    • Points 900

Hi Rob.

I realise that I was mistaken - Search only returns checked-in assets, not references.

However I'm still looking for an effective way to find all checked-in instances of an asset, as opposed to pure references (greyed out in Interplay Access). I'm using FindLinks (which returns all associations, both checked-in and otherwise) and then calling GetChildren on the parent folder of each returned link - this only returns checked-in assets so lets me tell the difference between a checked-in asset and a reference, albeit extremely inefficiently.

As I understand it, the "in use" condition controls whether Search returns referenced assets, not assets which are themselves references.

Geoff.

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 2:26 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

OK, what you are looking for is an option in FindLinks to only return checked-in assets.

Is this correct?

- Rob

• Fri, Mar 4 2016 3:31 PM In reply to

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 83
    • Points 900

Exactly. Though as I said I've got it working using a combination of FindLinks and GetChildren. It's just rather inefficient.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller