Latest post Mon, Sep 12 2016 4:16 AM by jray. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 23 2015 3:04 AM

• YankInOz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 24 2015
    • Posts 10
    • Points 160

Autosave Not Working - 8.4.1

So, is there something that I'm missing with the autosave function? On my last few jobs, it worked fine. But now, it's not happening at all. I've changed Autosave and Force Autosave to 1 minute each and they still haven't done anything - it's been nearly 40 minutes now. What should I check to make sure that things are saving properly? Is it an Attic thing? Or is it that I'm on IndieStor and it's something about how they're set up?

On the topic of IndieStor, it's a great system, but more than a bit buggy. We only have 4 machines hooked up to it, and only 3 of them have any sort of write access, but I've trashed more databases this week than I have in my entire career to date. Without having access to the setup, though, I can't tell if this is something that AVID is doing or if it's something that IndieStor is dealing with.

Cheers, all. Thanks for at least reading. Any advice would be a godsend.

• Fri, Oct 23 2015 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: Autosave Not Working - 8.4.1

Ironically I started a thread here http://community.avid.com/forums/t/136232.aspx?PageIndex=1

about the same issue. I have confirmed that in v8.4, OS 10.10.5, auto save is broken. Manual save works. My first massive loss of a project was just the other day, with v8.0. So this issue seems to have reared it's ugly head then.

So the old addage "save often" is back in play again---for now.

Bob

Robert Trim

Asoc. Prof. Digital Media

Ut. Valley University,

Orem, Utah.

AVID Certified Instructor

"1080p is the new VHS"

• Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:06 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 759
    • Points 8,960

I can confirm autosave does work in:

OS X - 10.10.2

Media Composer - 8.3.1

I made a new project, set the timer to 2 minutes, opened the Attic folder, and waited. It saves.

Shame, because I want to bring our guys up to 10.10.5.

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

isaact.co | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo

Writer: The Frame.io WORKFLOW Guide - http://workflow.frame.io/

Post Workflow Consultant - https://isaact.co/

• Mon, Jan 4 2016 8:08 PM In reply to

• Arnoud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 6 2015
    • Kwant
    • Posts 41
    • Points 480

In my case autosave was working just fine, but for some reason it stopped doing so sometime during the day. When I found out I had lost more than an hour's work. This was on Avid Media Composer 8.4.1 

And today it happened again. Now I am on MC 8.4.4, on an iMac 5k with OSX 10.10.5 and a Blackmagic Ultra Studio Mini Monitor attached. (Somehow I suspect the latter is relevant)

It's crazy because autosave has always been reliable in the twenty plus years that I have used Avid in countless post houses. 

PC with Intel i9-7920X 2.90 Ghz processor, 64 Gb RAM, Nvidia Geforce 2080ti GPU, running Windows 10 pro and iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 4 GHz... [view my complete system specs]

Avid editor since 1992

• Mon, Sep 12 2016 4:16 AM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2011
    • Posts 64
    • Points 750

This just happened to me on 8.5.3. I always have my autosave setting set to force at 3 minutes, because losing 4 minutes of work can be really painful. MC crashed on me around 8pm and when I reopened I had lost 5 hours of work. There were only 2 bins in the attic from today, and the newest one was from 3:52pm. This is insane. I'm delivering this cut tomorrow! I've never lost this much work before.

Avid MC 05.2020, MacBook Pro 2019 - 8 Core i9 - Radeon Pro 5500m - 64GB RAM, OS 10.15.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller