Latest post Mon, Mar 13 2017 4:44 PM by amidav. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:00 PM

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 28 2014
    • Posts 62
    • Points 725

"DISK_ACCESS_DENIED. filename: Site Settings.avs"

Everytime I save or exit a project, I get this bizzare error message. I say bizzare because as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to have any effect on anything, I've still been able to continue working on my projects with no issues. However, I'm worried that it will result in something catastrophic so I was wondering if anyone knows what it is and how I can stop it from happening?

Thanks 

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:14 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,309
    • Points 232,390
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: "DISK_ACCESS_DENIED. filename: Site Settings.avs"

Jimmy....

hmmmmmm....  This could be a permissions issue on the Mac or a read/write issue on the drive you are saving too.

Try Reapairing Disk Permissions via the Disk Utility. If this does not work, you can try creating a new Administrator user on the Mac.

Reset permissions by taking ownership of the media files folders ....  Read/write access.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 6:16 PM In reply to

Also verify your internal HD doesn't have any weird characters in its name.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 9:24 PM In reply to

• jeffdrury
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

I have seen this as a result of upgrading software, moving from 8.0 to 8.2, etc. 

If you trash the contents of the folder:

/Applications/Avid Media Composer/Settings/ It should recreate your base Media Composer settings on the next startup.  It will kill off any Site Settings you have, but it will stop the error.
  • Thu, Aug 6 2015 9:20 AM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 62
    • Points 725

That could explain it I think, as I recall this did start happening after I upgraded my OSX to 10.10. Will try that, thanks. 

• Thu, Aug 6 2015 2:56 PM In reply to

You should not upgrade the OS without uninstalling MC and reinstalling it again, even if it is the same version.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:14 AM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 62
    • Points 725

Okay I deleted the Settings folder and now I get this error upon startup, 

exception: sys_error, OSErr:-5000

I think I will just reinstall AVID completely, seems like the easiest option. Thanks anyway everyone!

• Tue, Sep 27 2016 3:50 AM In reply to

• dillon47
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 19 2015
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

The answer without reinstalling everything is go to the Avid Media Composer folder in applications -- Settings -- and then every file in that folder click "get info" (right click) and make sure the permissions has "everyone" set to "Read & Write". I did this for every file in that folder to be safe and it worked like a charm. PS: This is obviously on a Mac. PPS: With that error Avid wasn't saving settings, so anything I was doing to customizing certain layouts and bin fonts kept resetting once I shut down and rebooted FYI

• Mon, Mar 13 2017 4:44 PM In reply to

• amidav
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 16 2014
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

Hi

my computer crashed so i had to install a new HD and had to use my Time Machine. after that it started sending me this message.

After i tried everything, i went to to the applications\avidmediacomposer\settings\sitesettings,avs
    and in the get info i saw that my user wasn't there and the permission for everyone was for read only. so i changed that.

and it worked.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller