Latest post Fri, Jul 24 2015 8:59 AM by Jubrux. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 24 2015 8:37 AM

• Jubrux
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 12 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Did i do the right thing ?

Hello,

After 7 years with FCP 7 and X i am finally switching on Avid !

I learned it by myself and landed my first pro gig with Avid as an AE this week. Everything went smoothly, i just want to know if my workflow was correct, or if there was other options to do what i did in a different way.

The editors are working on external hard drive on Imacs. I had access to their drive only after they left.

Here is what i did :

1/Backup of the footage from a transport drive onto the backup drive.

2/Create of a local temp project.Ama link the footage (XDCAM HD for a show, Canon C300 MXF for an other one -->> this one gave me headaches but i managed to be able to AMA link)

3/Consolidate the files onto my local drive

4/logging, bining,subclipping, cleaning itws

5/When the editor is gone, i would take his drive,close avid.

6/add a folder in the Avid media Files (nammed 2 if there was just the folder 1,etc)

7/Copy the consolidated files in the new folder

8/Copy the bins in the editor project.

9/Reload the project and check everything is working.

Did i do somethingwrong ? Are there other ways to do that that i do not know of ? I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jul 24 2015 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Did i do the right thing ?

The only comment I would make is that the Project used to AMA link and consolidate will add that project name to the media. So the Project name of the temp project needs to be meaningful if you plan to use media tool later to do media managament.

Also you didn't mention backing up the active project daily. Backup of Porject should be dated (so you have a history of projects) and a copy stored offsite (or cloud)

Some AEs take a copy with them at night on a USB stick.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jul 24 2015 8:59 AM In reply to

• Jubrux
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 12 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Did i do the right thing ?

Thank you Pat, i indeed named the project accordingly and did a backup of the entire project on an other drive.

Thanks for your feedback !

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller