Latest post Mon, Aug 1 2016 7:50 PM by Marianna. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:16 PM

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 9 2014
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

Application Manager and Syncing

There appear to be a few of us with the problem that the Application Manager continuously says it's Syncing, but nothing happens.

When I first downloaded v8.3 it was working fine. But I then had a problem with my laptop and was advised by Apple to remove all software and then I had to go through a clean reinstall of Mavericks (this was dealt with by Apple) and then Avid, etc. 

Since then the Application Manager hasn't worked. I've tried downloading the Dongle updater file again and then clicking on Update in the AM, but without any success.

Any ideas as to how I can get this working properly?

Many thanks. 

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 6:36 PM In reply to

Re: Application Manager and Syncing

Hi Finbo,

After the clean install of Mavericks, were you able to install both MC and AppManager? Can you clarify what you mean by "Application Manager hasn't worked". Do you mean the dongle update process no longer works or something additional? 

When you get the chance, please let me know what you think. 

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 3 2015 7:25 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

After the clean install of MC, the AppManager just says 'syncing' all the time.

I tried to update the dongle again in the AppManager, following a suggestion, but that didn't work.

Hopefully, that's a bit clearer...

• Tue, Feb 3 2015 8:05 PM In reply to

Hi Finbo,

That is a bit clearer, thank you. After the installation of MC, were you prompted to allow any of the Avid services to communicate in the background? Or are you able to look within the Firewall settings to see if any of the Avid services are blocked? 

If AppManager is not able to communicate with the home server, it could potentially remain in that "Syncing" state. 

Also, to try and clear up these conditions I'd like to ask you to please walk through these steps, IN ORDER:

• Completely quit App Manager via right+click on Menu bar icon, selecting Quit

• Open Activity Monitor and also stop the "AppManagerHelper" process

• Go to /Library/Cache/Avid/

• Delete the AppManager folder (Which removes up to 4 folders: "Db", Cache, Downloads and Ex folders)

Restart the CPU and log back in. 

Once the system is logged in and all caught up, let's see if App Manager clears up it's state. 

Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks

~Keith

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 4 2015 12:51 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

result! I had the same issues and your suggested method has solved it. Back to a lovley Purple App Manager Icon on the menu bar.

It also now seems to recognize my system without the dongle attached. In the past it showed the Current Version with 'Buy' as the only option.

MC 8.3, MBPr, 10.10.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 4 2015 1:43 PM In reply to

Hi Herr Schnitt, 

Very glad to hear that worked for you. 

Hi Finbo, 

Are you able to confirm that these steps worked for you as well? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks

~Keith

• Wed, Feb 4 2015 5:15 PM In reply to

Hi Keith, Is there an equivalenet file path for the App Mananager Cache on the PC? Thanks

• Wed, Feb 4 2015 5:20 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

Keith

I've tried this today and it hasn't worked for me, I'm afraid.

I had a look at the Firewall settings and all the Avid listings said 'allow incoming connections'. The only one that was blocked was Java. I've unblocked this to allow incoming connections. I then went through your step by step guide, but it hasn't made any difference.

The AppManager just says it's syncing and the icon and the toip of my screen is still blacked out and not purple, etc.

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:15 PM In reply to

Hi AndrewAction,

Yes, there is one for Windows too. You can find the cache files in either of these locations:

• Mac: /Library/Cache/Avid/AppManager
    • Win: C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\Cache
    Hi Finbo,    Sorry that those steps didn't work successfully. Looks like you have the correct firewall settings. However the icon remaining grayed out indicated that App Manager cannot communicate with our server. I believe that is the issue we need to troubleshoot to get this working.  Do you happen to work in a building or facility where there might be other firewall rules in place? 
  • Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:28 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

No, nothing like that.

I'm working from home.

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:31 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,385

If you , totally, disable your firewall and virus protection for a short while, with no browser or mail application opened up of course, will that get things to work .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:47 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

That hasn't worked either, I'm afraid.

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:53 PM In reply to

• Thu, Feb 5 2015 4:55 PM In reply to

Hi Finbo,

Would you be able to send me the most recent log(s) from this location please? 

/Library/Logs/Avid/AppManagerUI

You can email me directly if that's easier. 
  • Wed, Mar 25 2015 6:48 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

Has a solution been found for this?

i can't upgrade to the latest version of MC

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller