Latest post Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:01 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:16 PM

Not Receiving What I'm Paying For ?

I subscribe to Avid Media Composer's annual subscription program and have been very disappointed with the service. The terms of the program include the symphony option which I don't get. Every month I recieve a confirmation letter thanking me for making my monthly payment ontime, yet every month my service stops working and I must make a service call during business hours to have my service reinstated so that I can continue my work and receive a new activation ID number. I've called and emailed Avid several times and have never had an Avid representative contact me back. Trying to do the right thing and pay for Avid legally and getting treated like this makes me understand why so many people "Pirate" software.

• Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:19 PM In reply to

Re: Not Receiving What I'm Paying For ?

MC ranges from $49/month to $79/month.  *$79 gets you symphony.  You also need to set your account to auto-renew if you wish to continue using it month-to-month without interruption.

*Edited for correction

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Sun, Nov 23 2014 11:51 PM In reply to

FunkyDragon:
    MC ranges from $49/month to $79/month.  $79 gets you symphony. 

This is incorrect.

Both monthly (79/month) and annual (49/month) subscription get you the Symphony option. The perpetual renewal (299/yr) does not include the Symphony option. Also see http://www.avidblogs.com/media-composer-licensing-and-upgrades-options-by-end-of-2014/.

To the OP, I've brought your issue to the attention of Customer Success, which usually means they will get in touch with you as soon as possible and get you sorted out.

I am not sure who you spoke with or emailed to, but in cases like these you should try to contact customer_advocate@avid.com.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:02 AM In reply to

Thank you for the responses to my issues, but if you look at: Media Composer | Software Subscription (Annual) for  $49 and hit : "Learn More" highlighted to the Right it states this :  

Media Composer | Software Subscription (Annual)

Annual subscription to Media Composer (billed monthly) includes:
    - Media Composer | Software
    - Media Composer | Symphony Option
    - Sorenson Squeeze Lite
    - Boris Continuum Complete Lite
    - NewBlue Titler Pro 2
    - iZotope Insight 30-day trial
    - Standard Avid Support                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Never Mentioning anything about $ 79.00 monthly fee     and I've always had the Auto Renewal Placed " ON "   

• Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:49 PM In reply to

• AidasZK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 30 2014
    • Posts 63
    • Points 1,010
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee

All flavors of Subscription get the Symphony Option included.  You do not get a separate code for the Symphony Option, but if you notice when you activate Media Composer in Application Manager, Syphony Option follows suit.  Within seconds you'll see Symphony activate as well as it's tied to the MC activation.

As far as having to call support every renewal period, there are a few issues that it could be.  Private message me your System ID and I can take a look at what's going on.  Many things have been fixed with the newest Application Manager/Media Composer releases.  I'll be able to tell better what the situation is once I can look at the specifics.

Thanks!

Aidas Kupcinskas

Pro Video Community Customer Advocate | Community Leader

Aidas.Kupcinskas@avid.com

• Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,565
    • Points 255,445
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

thanks Aidas.....

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller