Latest post Mon, Dec 22 2014 10:08 PM by dekafilm. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:08 PM

MediaComposer 8.2 - Subcap - No linebreak no accent are possible

Hello

on my system (AVID MC 8.2, Mavericks 10.9.4, macbook pro 16gb ram), it is impossible to have line break within a subtitile using Subcap. As soon as you enter a line break, the second line desappear when you go to the next subtitle. The same happens with accent letters like "é". Any special characters desappears...

any solution?

thanks

Olivier

Macbook pro 16gb, Avid MC 8.2, Mavericks 10.9.4, Dell U2711. [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 7 2014 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: MediaComposer 8.2 - Subcap - No linebreak no accent are possible

I'd look at the Box Appearance parameter in the SubCap effect editor.  Specifically the drop-downs for box width and number of rows.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Nov 7 2014 2:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is a bug. If your are in "edit master caption list" mode, you can enter a subtitle on one line, then type RETURN and enter the second line.

if you close the "edit master caption list", go to your time line, and play the sequence, you can see there is no second line of subtitle on your monitor, whatever specification you set in the box width and number of row.

if you reopen "edit master caption list", you can see that your second line has simply desappeared. only the first line stayed... it happens the same with é,è, and any other complex char...

if you enter &a as a linefeed in the box "caption text", the same phenomenon happens: the second line desappear when you close the effect window...

this is clearly a problem with characters like RETURN...

all the best

Olivier

camoscato:

I'd look at the Box Appearance parameter in the SubCap effect editor.  Specifically the drop-downs for box width and number of rows.

Macbook pro 16gb, Avid MC 8.2, Mavericks 10.9.4, Dell U2711. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 7 2014 2:24 PM In reply to

Maury-Zuchuat:
    The problem is a bug. If your are in...

Yes.  All of that information describing the problem in detail would've been helpful in your initial post.

Anyone else seeing this?

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:58 PM In reply to

• Joseki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 23 2010
    • Posts 33
    • Points 430

camoscato:

Maury-Zuchuat:
    The problem is a bug..

Anyone else seeing this?

yes...the problem is a known bug that have been escalated...

you could go to the following thread to add your name ito those waiting for a fix

745888.aspx

Media composer 8.3.1 / Mojo Dx / Mac pro 4,1 / Mac OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 9 2014 8:42 AM In reply to

Joseki:

Thanks for that!

• Mon, Nov 10 2014 2:00 PM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 319
    • Points 3,600

The way Ihave found this with V7 (foreign accents and CR ) is to open an "EDIT MASTER CAPTION LIST" window from Effects Editor "Box appearence" on the SubCap effect.

You can cut and paste or edit, use different fonts/characters and CR in there.

Steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 2018.3 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:20 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,269
    • Points 15,355

Joseki:

camoscato:

Maury-Zuchuat:
    The problem is a bug..

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I can confirm seeing this, on 8.2 running on 10.8.5: I edit a timeline from a previous project, with french subtitles. I go to Master Caption List, as I always did when it comes to alter subs with funny accents, modify a sub, hit Enter. And anything after the accented letter disappear.

Thanks for escalating it, and let's hope for a quick fix because it's crucial here...

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 10:08 PM In reply to

• dekafilm
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 115
    • Points 1,345

Just tested v8.3.0, and it works again for me.  Seems like they fixed it!

AVID Media Composer v8.x MacPro 2010 (5,1) 12-core running OSX Mavericks and Sierra, 24GB RAM stock ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card AVID Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.davidekabramson.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller