Latest post Wed, May 28 2014 1:08 PM by Kevin P McAuliffe. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 26 2014 6:02 PM

How to tell sequences to go to a created folder

In viewing the "Get Started Fast" Youtube video series authored by Kevin P. McAuliffe, I came to wonder how one may direct the application to place new sequences in the "Sequences" folder if I create this folder as Mr. McAuliffe did during Lesson 1.  As of now, I can see my new sequence is in the bin with some footage, and a sequence I deleted was in there as well.

• Mon, May 26 2014 7:22 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,460
    • Points 18,130

Re: How to tell sequences to go to a created folder

With more than one bin open, Avid will in most cases prompt you to for which one to create your new sequence in.  If you get it wrong, just drag it into the one you want -- takes a second.

If you actually deleted a sequence it will, by definition, not exist in a bin anymore.  You must have done something different than what you believed you were doing.

• Tue, May 27 2014 2:25 PM In reply to

Or, simpler still, to create the new sequence, right-click in the sequence bin, and 'New Sequence' is in the drop-down menu.

• Wed, May 28 2014 1:08 PM In reply to

smrpix and Juris Eksts are right on the money.  This technique works if you have multiple bins open, and you create a new sequence.  Other wise, go with Juris' suggestion of right clicking on the bin, and creating a new sequence that way.

KPM

Follow me on Twitter @kpmcauliffe or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kevinpmcauliffe [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller