Latest post Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:51 PM by kokomono. 44 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 18 2014 7:32 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Composer | Software NOW AVAILABLE

Link below does not work.

Documentation: Find all documentation, Readme and What's New about this new release here

Page Not Found: /articles/en_US/readme/Media-Composer-8-0-Documentation 

Stay tuned. Please try again later.

2013 MacPro 10.12.3 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, iMac 27 MC 8.8.0 + Symphony, Anyone want to buy a useless Nitris DX then! [view my complete system specs]

Big Hat

(All Hat, No Cattle)
    Mac Pro 2013

• Wed, Jun 18 2014 7:40 AM In reply to

Thanks for the heads-up Gary, I will report the broken link.

In the meantime if you need:

What's New in MC8 Guide

Readme MC8

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Wed, Jun 18 2014 4:32 PM In reply to

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:44 AM In reply to

Wim Van den Broeck:

Robert Goodman :

how do current student licenses get there upgrade serial number? 

Hi Robert,
    This should be the procedure for Student Licenses entitled to MC|Software:

Students who registered Media Composer Academic Student between April 30, 2010 and April 30, 2014 are eligible to receive an upgrade to Media Composer | Software v8.0 with a perpetual license.

To claim their upgrade, students should go to www.avid.com/us/support/upgrade-academic-free.

Note: This site now prompts you to log in or create an avid.com account now. The upgrade will be deposited into their account.

I upgraded and it said it was succesfull and shows up in my products i subcribe too but i didnt recieve a new serial number. Will my old serial number for 7.x work or should i recieved a new one? 

• Tue, Jun 24 2014 10:22 PM In reply to

• Tosio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 24 2010
    • Warszawa, Poland
    • Posts 38
    • Points 530

Hello

At the begining sorry for my poor english. Couple days after Avid Cloud premiere i try to get my student upgrade (i still have two more year) on this page https://www.avid.com/us/support/upgrade-academic-free but i got error. I wrote an email to Support, but still no one answer to me. To who I need to write to get my upgrade? Thanks for help!  

Apple iMac 21,5" late 2012: i5 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.0, GeForce GTX640M, LCD: Benq 18,5" 1366x768 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 9 2014 3:10 AM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2011
    • Posts 64
    • Points 750

Has the Q2 update dropped yet? I would have thought it would be available before July 1st, has it been delayed?

Avid MC 05.2020, MacBook Pro 2019 - 8 Core i9 - Radeon Pro 5500m - 64GB RAM, OS 10.15.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 9 2014 8:15 AM In reply to

jray:

Has the Q2 update dropped yet? I would have thought it would be available before July 1st, has it been delayed?

I saw a post recently saying they're in testing, and 8.1 should be released "soon".  What "soon" means specifically I don't know.

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:10 PM In reply to

8.1 has not been released yet.  It is currently in beta testing.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 28 2014 12:44 AM In reply to

• Walter Riggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • windsor, ontario canada
    • Posts 153
    • Points 1,910

I am running 10.8.5 and I understand I need 10.9.2 for MC8 (which I intend on getting) however, when I try to update my OSX I can only get 10.9.4 as a download.

So, here comes the question... where can I download/get 10.9.2 ? Help?

Thanks. 

Mac OS X 10.11.6 | 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon | 24 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA K5000 4GB | AVID C|24 Console | AVID Media Composer 2018... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 28 2014 1:26 AM In reply to

You'd have to get the 10.9.0 base installer, which is unfortunately a difficult task now - and then the 10.9.2 combo update.  Best bet in the future is to download the base installer as soon as it's released - which is easier now on the Mac as the OS upgrades have been free - and then download combo updates as needed.

So, you can future-proof yourself, by downloading 10.9.4 NOW, then not installing it, keeping it on hand for the future for when Avid eventually qualifies it, even if Apple releases 10.9.5 by then.  IF you really want to to go Mavericks, that is.  Personally, it's working fine for me.

Anyway, the version matrix says MC8 is OK for 10.8.5 - so you're already fine.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/en267087

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.5, Avid Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 3 2014 4:28 PM In reply to

• Walter Riggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • windsor, ontario canada
    • Posts 153
    • Points 1,910

Great advice.

So I (newbie to os x) would just go tot he app store and download it. Basically, I have to click on it to install in finder or does it start installing as soon as the 5Gig file has been downloaded?

Thanks for your wisdom

Mac OS X 10.11.6 | 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon | 24 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA K5000 4GB | AVID C|24 Console | AVID Media Composer 2018... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:27 PM In reply to

Walter Riggi:

Great advice.

So I (newbie to os x) would just go tot he app store and download it. Basically, I have to click on it to install in finder or does it start installing as soon as the 5Gig file has been downloaded?

Thanks for your wisdom

Yes - if you download it, it does NOT install automatically.  You will have an installer for 10.9.4, for whenever you want to use it.

Note that the new MC 8.1 is qualified for 10.9.4 - so if you're going to download Mavericks, now is a good time to do it - you're guaranteed to have an OS that's qualified for MC8.1 - no need to go to 10.9.2 and MC8.0 anymore.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.5, Avid Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 18 2014 9:08 AM In reply to

• kokomono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 29 2013
    • Berlin
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

Hi AVID Moderators,

I tried to claim the upgrade from MC 7.0.4. to MC 8.1 of my academic (teacher) version, but on the homepage it didn't work out, saying that my system ID is not connected to an academic system?

Isn't it possible to claim the upgrade with a teacher academic version?

And if not:

Will there be updates for MC 7 to make it compatible with OSX Maverciks 10.9.4 (or newer versions of OSX)?

I understand that Avid wants to change its business model, but there are still a lot of MC 7 users and long-time clients who also deserve updates, at least to make them compatible with newer OS versions...

MacBook Pro Retina 2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 18 2014 5:51 PM In reply to

My understanding is that starting with MC v6.5, only students (but not teachers or institutions) qualify for the 4 year free upgrade program.

This would normally be a Marianna question, but with her OOTO I suggest you contact Aidas for further assistance.

Also note that there will always be an end point to how far back Avid confirms MC works with newer OS'es.  I think that's one reason they are switching to a subscription model, so it's easier for users to stay up-to-date.  But there will always be the other side, folks who need the latest features but can't update their OS for some reason.  So it's a fine line they walk.

Nonetheless, I can say there is an update to MC v7 currently in beta testing.  I don't know the particulars about when it will be released or which OS'ed are supported, but we should hear something soon.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:51 PM In reply to

• kokomono
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 29 2013
    • Berlin
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply!

Ok, I understand, so possibly it is not possible with the teacher account. 

I also understand that, at some point they have to stop the support. But I bought the MC 7.0 Version and was just surprised that the support stopped with 7.0.4.

But it is good to hear that there is an update in beta-testing, thank you for the information.

Have a great week!

MacBook Pro Retina 2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller