Latest post Thu, May 15 2014 9:46 AM by haukez. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 12 2014 10:49 AM

• pt user
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 15 2011
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,275

Is MC7 compatible with Avid Omni for Audio?

I use an Avid Omni interface with Protools HD. I currently use my Blackmagic card for MC7 audio out. Oddly in audio settings its the only option available. I cant even select mac system audio. Is the Avid omni compatible? and if so how does one select it as the desired interface?

MC8, Hack Mac 12 core SSD, 3x Nvidia Graphics cards Davinci Resolve Macbook Pro i7 quad core , Hitachi Raid drives for Video, ProTools 11, Pro Tools HD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 12 2014 7:55 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,564
    • Points 64,835
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Is MC7 compatible with Avid Omni for Audio?

Audio out of Media Composer will come out of the external I/O device used for Video.  Period.  Your only option is to disable the external hardware and use Full Screen Playback and have the audio come out of the CPU.  

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, May 12 2014 8:28 PM In reply to

• Rinze Schuurman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    • Posts 437
    • Points 5,555

Another option is to connect the spdif i/o's the omni has with the spdif i/o's on your computer. This works with the matrox mini, not sure if it also works with the blackmagic. If I need other options the omni supplies (like recording a voice over for example) If I turn of the mini with the softwareswitch, the omni becomes the preferred audio interface.

4 avid systems on x58 and x79 platforms with 18 TB internal mediadrive in raid 5 each and 300 GB ssd OS drive, Nvidia GTX 580 to Nvidia GTX Titan video... [view my complete system specs]

"Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user"

• Thu, May 15 2014 8:25 AM In reply to

• pt user
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 15 2011
    • Posts 317
    • Points 4,275

Why is it that Pro Tools can send video out of a blackmagic card and audio out of their interfaces, but MC cant?...

MC8, Hack Mac 12 core SSD, 3x Nvidia Graphics cards Davinci Resolve Macbook Pro i7 quad core , Hitachi Raid drives for Video, ProTools 11, Pro Tools HD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 15 2014 9:46 AM In reply to

• haukez
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,545

pt user:

Why is it that Pro Tools can send video out of a blackmagic card and audio out of their interfaces, but MC cant?...

I Had the same question. But, correct me if wrong, I've read somewhere around this forums that Protools has a different Video Player Engine than MC (?in Terms of 3rd Party Hardware more capaple?). I hope this (or the functionality) get implemented in MC in some future Releases too.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller