Latest post Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:04 PM by AndrewAction. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:38 PM In reply to

• Vincent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 19 2011
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Posts 18
    • Points 280

Re: Reset the blue bar on all clips to the start?

Job ter Burg:

I don't recall this ever being any different.

From source mon, position bar is used. Dragging from bin in text view, position bar is ignored. That's how it works on my system, and that's how I like it to work.

There must be a setting I'm missing.

For me... I'm on MC 6.5.3 and if there are no in/out markers, when selecting multiple clips and dragging to the timeline, the mark-in position is defaulted to wherever the blue position bar is on the clip.

HP Z820 Workstation, Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1 - 64 bit, Intel Xeon E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz dual processors, 16 GB memory, Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:46 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,777
    • Points 44,590
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Odd, Job.

Maybe it was always this way but if it was, I shouldn't be having so much trouble remembering to do it differently than my first instinctive way to do it.  After using MC and no other NLE for several years, I think my instinct should be right.  As with anything done for a long time, you'll do it the way you've "always" done it and that's surely what I think I'm doing but it's not working the way I expect.

I'll give the way you're talking about a try but I may have to get used to setting the playhead or a mark before insert or overwrite.  So far, that's been very hard to get used to.

Scott

• Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:50 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,777
    • Points 44,590
    • Moderator: MCA PC

I had thought a little about this already but after OceanWave's last post, I'm thinking even more that maybe the version each of us started on (or the last version when we cleared user/site settings, if ever) could be related to this.  I don't know of a setting that would affect this but we know that corrupt settings can cause odd things.

Scott

• Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:04 PM In reply to

OceanWave:
    For me... I'm on MC 6.5.3 and if there are no in/out markers, when selecting multiple clips and dragging to the timeline, the mark-in position is defaulted to wherever the blue position bar is on the clip.
    Here with 7.0.3 I just tried it and it works exactly as Job posted. As far as my memory serves me it has always been that way.

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller