Latest post Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:20 AM by Wm.Busby. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:21 AM

• Wm.Busby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • LA, Cali
    • Posts 377
    • Points 4,405

track selection after audio mixer adjustment

Is there any way to NOT have audio tracks automatically become selected after making a volume adjustment in the Audio Mixer tool? I've just learned to live with it and deselect afterwards but thought I'd finally ask here. I never found any settings that are relevant. I didn't upgrade from XDV 3.5 to MC 5.5.x until a few years ago and don't recall XDV ever behaving that way. Just curious.

HP Z400 (W3520) 2.67 ghz quad core, 12GB ram, Quadro K2000 (Nvidia driver 310.90), Win 7 Pro 64, MC 5.5.3, Quicktime version 7.6.9, KVM switch, dual 20"... [view my complete system specs]

Forum etiquette rule #1: FILL OUT SYSTEM SPECS IN PROFILE! :)

• Thu, Jan 23 2014 11:25 PM In reply to

• Wm.Busby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • LA, Cali
    • Posts 377
    • Points 4,405

Re: track selection after audio mixer adjustment

umm... is it just me? And in case I wasn't clear... by becoming automatically selected I mean for instance ... only V1 is selected, decide a volume change is necessary so change a level for A1 in the Mixer tool... A1 is now selected in the timeline after the vol change. Anyone? :D

HP Z400 (W3520) 2.67 ghz quad core, 12GB ram, Quadro K2000 (Nvidia driver 310.90), Win 7 Pro 64, MC 5.5.3, Quicktime version 7.6.9, KVM switch, dual 20"... [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 7:24 AM In reply to

Weird. Had never noticed that. Seeing it now as well. Have to say that I think that I usually select these tracks before setting the level, old habit I guess? Not sure. Is it new behaviour, in your experience?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:20 AM In reply to

• Wm.Busby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • LA, Cali
    • Posts 377
    • Points 4,405

Hey Job, thanks for responding. Yes, as I said before, back when I used XDV it didn't behave that way. It wasn't until a few years ago when I finally upgraded to MC 5.5 that I realized it while cutting video to a music piece and I already had a few add edits in the music track where I knew I wanted to use some nat sound from a few video clips and went to lower the level of the music track for those points with the audio mixer... didn't notice that track became selected afterwards until I made an edit on V1 (simple I/O marks, lift or extract) that the music track became lifted or extracted as well because of it :-\ It only took that one time to realize I had to alter my usual thinking regarding that.

I suppose we'll never know the reasoning for this change in behavior because quite honestly I don't see how there's any reason possible. :D  It's annoying but there's worse things in life :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller