Latest post Fri, Jan 17 2014 10:07 AM by pierreh. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:39 PM

• darkoibr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 30 2011
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,700

Bidirectional trim and freeze frame in Avid 7.0.3

I used bidirectional trim alot in past avid versions.. In other words, when you are in trim mode, if you hold down shift key you can click on head or tail of each clip and have three clips go one way and 2 clips another way.. It doesn't seem to work in Avid 7.0.3 When I want to select a clip to go another way from where others are going it just moves all trim point to that side... I am confused.. Has this been changed?

Also freeze frame doesn't seem to work...

• Thu, Jan 16 2014 6:05 PM In reply to

• darkoibr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 30 2011
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,700

Re: Bidirectional trim and freeze frame in Avid 7.0.3

• Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:03 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,560
    • Points 64,815
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Do you have linking and/or the Smart Tool turned off?

Are you making a freeze frame from the Clip menu or using the Motion Effect Editor?  And what is or isn't happening?

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Fri, Jan 17 2014 10:07 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,284
    • Points 15,660

I think it's called Asymmetrical Trim and it's one of the best feature of Media Composer. It works the same in MC7. Though, I remember that since v6 it's become a bit more picky with regards to where you click.

It might be easier to enter Trim mode by lassoing around the tracks you want to change, click on one of the display monitors to set the side you generally want to trim. Then lasso the tracks that needs to trim in the other direction. Lassoing a tracks for which the trim is set on one side will select the other side. That's one mouse move as opposed to 2 clicks.

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller