Latest post Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:51 PM by Kevin Klimek. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 4:01 PM

    Nothing to Uninstall

    Hello fellow Avid users! I tried updating MC 6.0 to the latest version, 6.0.5 I believe. And of course you are supposed to uninstall your previous version before installing the new one. But when I go to uninstall, it says there is nothing to uninstall? I installed it when I was running OS 10.8.

     

     

     

     

    Also, when launching, under system ID, it says zero. Could this be related? Thanks!

     

     

     

  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:28 PM In reply to

    • ppohio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 28 2012
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,435

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    This is because MC doesn't support Mavericks yet, and both the installer and uninstallers have issues. A new version is coming relatively soon, not sure about MC 6 support though. Obviously the recommendation is to downgrade, but if you can't do that you should still be able to edit although there's lot of bugs. I have had luck in a pinch using AppCleaner to uninstall the Avid application and reinstall in Mavericks when I was testing, but there were numerous other issues so I am staying in 10.8.4 until Avid releases the new version. 

     

    Isn't 10.9.1 beta as well? 

    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, 8GB RAM OS X Lion 10.9.1 Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:23 PM In reply to

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    The only version of MC that will support Mavericks will be 7.0.3, which is coming soon

    There is nothing currently being tested with Mavericks for 6.5.x or 6.0.x.  Not sure when, if ever, that would be done...but it certainly wouldn't happen until sometime after 7.0.3 is released.

    Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

    -- Kevin

  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:32 PM In reply to

    • GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 426
    • Points 4,630

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:43 PM In reply to

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    Well that sucks, I guess I never noticed the system ID before upgrading to 10.9, which I mean I don't really think that matters. And yes, 10.9.1 is Beta. I just figured I'd to update MC, is there any real reason to? What's the difference between 6.0 and 6.0.5? And thanks for the replies, by the way.

  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:49 PM In reply to

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    You should run v6.0.5, as there are always numerous bug fixes between the base version and the latest release.  However, according to the Avid Version Matrix, v6.0.5 is supported on OS X Lion 10.7.4 & 10.7.5, and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2, 10.8.3, or 10.8.4.

    Check the README in the Download Center to see the list of bug fixes.

    Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

    -- Kevin

  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:39 AM In reply to

    • darkoibr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 30 2011
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,700

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    Ok you made a mistake of installing Mavricks.. You have two choices now. Either wait for for Mavricks update of Avid 7. Which means you need to upgrade to Avid 7 but you still most likely will have to downgrade to 10.9.0...  Or downgrade your OS back to mountain Lion 10.8.4. You should never upgrade your OS (not even incremental update) on the machine that you are running avid on.. You wait till Avid supports it then you update. We are all waiting for Mavrcks update here...

  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:41 AM In reply to

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    Ok, I went to deactivate it just to make sure it wouldn't disrupt anything when I restored my computer back to 10.9. It said "Failed to process Request. Contact..." blah blah blah. I'm assuming that's normal, given my situation. Now, if/when I upgrade to 7, could I just download a copy then purchase a new activation ID? Or should I just wait for MC 8, or that's probably a whole nother story entirely. 

  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:51 PM In reply to

    Re: Nothing to Uninstall

    Well, once Mavericks is approved you can download v7.0.3 and use it as a trial if you want for 30 days.  Then you would have to make arrangements to purchase the software.  Pricing will depend on what version you currently own, and whether or not you want the stand-alone options, including Symphony, PhraseFind, and ScriptSync.

    I don't know what Avid's plan is but historically the next major release (i.e., paid upgrade) would be v7.5.  Until then, all v7.0.x updates are free.

    Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

    -- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller