Latest post Sat, Dec 14 2013 2:45 PM by Telegram!. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:09 PM

Basic Animatte Question...now PAINT

I have a framegrab captured from tape as a video clip on V2. I want to cut out a section (using Animatte Poly tool) and also Resize it smaller and position over a lockdown shot on V1. When I place AnimatteFX on that V2 framegrab clip and cut out just what I need using Poly tool I can see the lockdown shot on V1 in a perfect key.

But I fail in all my attempts to interactively shrink and position that key over the V1 lockdown shot... does Animatte allow me to do this? If so, how?  Am I better served by a Boris BCC tool? Thanks for tips...

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:16 PM In reply to

Re: Basic Animatte Question

If Animatte allows this, I've never figured out a way.  BCC Make Alpha will do it.  Take a look at this thread for instructions on how I do it:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/115146.aspx

Media Composer 2020.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 4 2013 2:43 PM In reply to

• TaT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 62
    • Points 760

Seems complicated but it isn't -

1. Move you clip with Animatte cutout to V3

2. Create Title with solid Geen or Blue color background only

2. Put created Title to V2

4. Collapse V3 and V2 to V2

5. Put (don't alt+put!, just put) 3DWarp effect on collapsed clip

6. Open 3DWarp effect editor and change in Foreground Full Key to Chroma key or better SpectraMate Key

7. Set keying Color with eyedropper clicking on Green or Blue background and then you can do what you want with

your cutout without affecting V1... and without BCC or AvidFX

Apple Mac Pro 2019, Intel Xeon W 3.2GHz 16 core, 192GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, Avid MC 2020.9, OS 10.15.6 *** PC X99 mobo i7-5960X 8 core 4.3GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:34 PM In reply to

Carl, thanks for the link to Boris thread.

TaT, Thanks for the workaround, which I will also try out.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 5 2013 6:57 AM In reply to

TaT, THaT recipe Worked out GREaT. THaNKS!

• Sat, Dec 14 2013 2:45 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller