Latest post Tue, Oct 25 2005 11:25 PM by sep. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 3:56 PM

Matching back to pre-computes...a good workaround

Many thanks to Sep, who came up with a good workaround for matching back to pre-computes. In the timeline, mark clip on the pre-compute you wish to match to.  Then, press CTRL + ALT + c.  This will load the full pre-compute clip in the source monitor with the name of your existing sequence.  However, when you edit it into the timeline, the original pre-compute clip name will be there. The "find bin" command does not work, but I'm very happy just to be able to call back  the complete pre-compute clip to the source monitor.

Again, thanks, Sep!

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Oct 25 2005 4:13 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: Matching back to pre-computes...a good workaround

Really happy, I could be "helpful" Larry !Big Smile [:D]
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Oct 25 2005 4:41 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

Larry Rubin wrote:

the complete pre-compute clip to the source monitor.

Check that again, Larry.  If you'll note the name of the clip now in the source bin, it is the sequence name appended with ,sub.  In other words, Ctl-Alt-C is the keyboard shortcut for creating a submaster clip.  You will only get the marked area (that portion used in the sequence) put into the source bin.

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 4:53 PM In reply to

Cassano:

What I meant by "complete pre-compute clip" was that both layers with the title key or matte effect are loaded into the source monitor, as opposed to two separate layers with no effect that results when you use the console command "subsys monpane" or something like that.  While you are correct that the source clip loaded is the same duration as the one in the timeline, you can use the extend function to lengthen it if you want.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Oct 25 2005 4:57 PM In reply to

Geeked [8-|] Re: Matching back to pre-computes...a good workaround

Oooh.. Like the ol' subsys monpane debug console command. Tricky..

JDS
    All (yes, all - try me.) [view my complete system specs]
    dura lex, sed lex
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 11:00 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

And where is the problem cassano ?

You can copy as much tracks  as you want, and then edit them by changing the track order (if you want!)  If you only select one track with in and out point this portion of footage will go into the source monitor, If you need longer, you can trim...... so again, where is the problem ?????

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Tue, Oct 25 2005 11:13 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

sep wrote:

And where is the problem cassano ?

No problem...simply put, CTL-ALT-C is the keyboard shortcut for putting a submaster clip in the source monitor.

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 25 2005 11:25 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Obviously,

However this can be used to "match back" precomputed footage in the source monitor, footage combined with alpha, There is no any other assertion !!

sep

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller