Latest post Fri, Dec 11 2015 6:12 PM by Kjeldsen Kjeldsen. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:10 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Managed Media in MC 7.0.2

First off let me apologize for my lack of knowledge and confusing the command prompt with the Console inside of Media Composer. Inside of Media Composer I accessed the Console from the Tools Menu and when I type: manageama off and press enter nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Thank You!

- jared

MC Version 2020.4 | Windows 10 64 bit | 128 GB DDR4 Ram | ASUS X299-A | Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,267
    • Points 231,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jared

that should work as the directions to turn off are 

To disable AMA Managed Media via a console command which will revert the system to v6.5/10.5 and earlier functionality.

Note that any newly-liked AMA clips will not show up in the Media Tool.

To use the command:

1.  open the Console from the Tools menu.

2. type manageama off

3.  and press enter.

4. to re-enable AMA Managed Media, type manageama on

5. and press enter.

If it still doesnt take - can you upgrade to 7.0.4.3? 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 25 2015 12:30 AM In reply to

Thanks Marianna!

I appreciate you getting back to me! I did get it to work late last night. I'm not sure why it wasn't working when I pressed enter but I was able to turn off AMA Management in version 8.3.1.

- jared

MC Version 2020.4 | Windows 10 64 bit | 128 GB DDR4 Ram | ASUS X299-A | Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 21 2015 10:51 AM In reply to

• guy_evo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 21 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hey,

I've successfully disabled the AMA Management and have xx'd out the old AMA Management folder, following Avid's Knowledgebase article.  However after a while the folder is re-created and the AMA Management seems to be back on!

Is there a way to permanently disable this?  Where does this setting exist?  Is it a project setting, user setting or application setting?  Does trashing the MCSTATE also revert the setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as currently I'm having to do this as monthly maintainace across a lot of machines.

Cheers

Guy

Avid v7.0.4 HP Z820 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 22 2015 5:48 AM In reply to

• Kao-Tai
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 16 2012
    • Posts 49
    • Points 650
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

On what version are you facing the issue? Still on 7.0.2? Just a shot in the blue but trashing MC State might reset the console command. I would prefer to have a setting that I can check to a console command. Would make troubleshooting easier if you have to support a lot of machines like you do.

• Tue, Nov 17 2015 12:43 PM In reply to

• Aleksandra
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 5 2014
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hey guys!

I just wanted to thank you all for all the information you provided. I had a similar problem on a 7.0.3 release and this thread helped a lot. I will describe my situation, maybe someone will find this useful.

An editor linked a bunch of media via AMA linking. All that media was located on a network drive, it was source from 2 cameras and it was heavy. Anyway, he must have decided that was a perfect idea. He worked all day with Avid crashing every couple of minutes. He didn't even bother to report it to anyone. So after he had finished I opened Avid and found out that it crashes constantly. I found the problem - which were the AMA links he put in his project. He didn't even use any of the clips, as he had all the materials converted to MXFs (as the usual workflow suggests). So I deleted the AMA master clips from his project, but that didn't help at all. Additionally, as I found out later, the computer was going crazy hot. So, I tried the MANAGEAMA_OFF command in console. After I entered it I restarted the computer. Averything went back to working fine, so I assume that after using MANAGEAMA_OFF command, Avid did something close to a reset of some AMA cache. Then I enabled AMA again by using MANAGEAMA_ON. It works well up till now.

Maybe this will help someone, maybe you had similar issues and can explain this a bit better than I did.

All the best,

Aleks.

1 x HP Z400, Intel Xeon 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, 64-bit, Windows 7, QT 7.7.5, Avid MC 7.0.3 w/ Nitris DX; 1 x HP PC, Intel Xeon 2.93GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 11 2015 6:12 PM In reply to

Hi guys

What an insigtfull thread, thank you!.

So just to be certain, if i disable AMA Managed Media i am really not losing anything if i already manually AMA link everything and then transcode/consolidate my stuff?

Or in other words, what exactly am i missing by disabling AMA Managed Media :)

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller