Latest post Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:59 PM by Patrice Scanlon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:46 PM

• Paul Kyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2012
    • Valencia, CA
    • Posts 18
    • Points 270

DMF service not available in non-admin accounts

I have been trying to get DMF services working in non-admin OS 10.8.4 accounts.

Today I received the following response from Customer Service regarding the DMF services:

"Hi

I can now confirm this will not run under either Standard or Parental users. 
    We have done some testing today, and had to give the above users so many rights that they were basically admin users. 

Hope this answers your question, and if you ..."

Hope this helps anybody bumping up against the same issue. 

Digital Labs Manager/Film Directing Faculty
    School of Film/Video
    CalArts

• Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:59 PM In reply to

Re: DMF service not available in non-admin accounts

Thank you so much, Paul Kyle! 

I have been working on getting AMA link to work all day. Finally, narrowed it down to the Admin User has to AMA link to a drive &/or folder first before a standard user can AMA link to that volume &/or folder. This is going to be a huge problem. I have 200 students that have access to 8 computers (10.8.4) running MC7. I can NOT give them admin privileges and I certainly can't login as admin, open mc7, AMA link to the drive &/or folder every time a standard user creates a new folder!!

Creating DMF folders was going to be my next work around! Thank you for saving me time! You really helped me not waste another hour or so on this.

What is your solution? 

I'll post again if I can come up with a better solution too!

MacBook Pro 15" (non-retina) 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, OWC SSD 250GB, 8 GB of RAM (mid-2012) Mac OS 10.8.4 Media Composer 7.0.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller