Latest post Fri, Dec 19 2014 5:40 PM by droro22. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:06 AM

MC7 - Mouse wheel behaviour in the timeline

Hi,

In MC 6.5, I could use my mouse wheel (I'm using a Apple Magic Mouse on my Macpro and the trackpad on ny Macbook Pro) to move horizontaly and vertically in the timeline. It was convenient (you can actually do the same in Final Cut, Premiere Pro...).

I just installed MC7 and I can only move vertically. Is there a settings to change that? If not, is there a to map something on the keyboard to see ;ore on the left or more on the right?

Thanks by advance.

PS: Except that, MC7 looks quite fast and reactive. I'm using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro Card and it's working as fast as 6.5.3 or even faster (trim with caps lock).

Avid Media Composer 7.0 on Mac [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:13 PM In reply to

• Travis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 9 2006
    • Posts 105
    • Points 1,385

Re: MC7 - Mouse wheel behaviour in the timeline

I just tested this with a Magic Mouse also... I cannot scroll horizontal left to right on the timeline like I could in 6.5. I also cannot scroll horizontally using the MacBook Pro trackpad. This is a very importaint piece of functionality for me because I constantly need to scroll with the mouse accross a huge timeline as I look for various things (offline, locators, sfx) hiding before an output. I can't use MC 7 until this is fixed. 

Also... in the What's New notes it says this:

In previous releases, you needed a modifier such as the Ctrl key or Alt key along with the scroll wheel to navigate in bins or in the Effects editor. You no longer need the modifier keys for navigating. 

In 6.5 I don't need to use ALT or Ctrl to scroll bins or the Effects editor. Do you know what this is refering to and what's changed?

Avid MC 5.5.1 OS X 10.6.7 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:33 PM In reply to

Yes. It looks a bit weird! It was also working for me very well in 6.5.3: horizontaly, vertically, in audio mixer or effect editor, in the bins... Now, you cannot scroll horizontaly in the bin neither.

Maybe we miss something, but it looks like by trying to fix a fonctionnality that was working, it has been broken! :)

• Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:34 PM In reply to

• noahtodd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Hi,

I just installed MC7 with Symphony option. I am finding the same problem. In Symphony 6.5 I had left to right scrolling with my magic mouse. This is a major functionality for me as well. It really hurts when all of the great new features mean a lot less to me if the most basic and important navigation functionality doesn't work. It's like I just bought a great sport car but the steering is broken. I hope AVID addresses this right away.

MacPro 2 X 2.4ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon 28 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 RAM | OSX 10.10.5 | G-Raid ESPRO 4TB SAS - 0 Level RAID | MC 8.4 w / Symphony Option ALSO... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 6:28 PM In reply to

Same here.

I tried both my Magic Mouse (wireless) and an older Mighty Mouse (wired with physical scroller ball) and neither worked.

But, aside from this, I love all the other updates! The waveform draw is not only cached, but the initial draw is lighting fast! I also LOVE the new color space conversion options! Haven't been able to push new AMA databasing or strengths, but if it really is as reliable as imported media I am AMA all the way!

Let's just get that horozontal timeline scroll going and I will be a happy camper!

Nathan

MC7, 27" iMac 3.4Ghz Intel Core i7, 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, OSX 10.7.5, [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:50 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Nathan D. Lee:
    but if it really is as reliable as imported media I am AMA all the way!

My experience with AMA is not good. 6.0 plays AMAed Clips better with V7 I am having issues; red lines on the time line(hard disk issue?) and the audio also doesn,t play in sync with the Video. > H264 quick time files and DNxHD 175 files.  will test with other files.

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:04 PM In reply to

• Travis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 9 2006
    • Posts 105
    • Points 1,385

Just tried new user settings and horizontal scrolling is still broken in MC 7. What's the best way to report this bug to Avid so it can be fixed?

Avid MC 5.5.1 OS X 10.6.7 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:53 PM In reply to

I just started a thread on this topis inthe features request forum. If everyone could please go there and put in their two cents it woudl help our cause.

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/120431/694102.aspx#694102

Nathan

MC7, 27" iMac 3.4Ghz Intel Core i7, 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, OSX 10.7.5, [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:03 PM In reply to

It's a bug.  Avid is aware and has located the issue.  Expect it to be fixed soon.

Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:50 PM In reply to

Wonderful! Thanks for keeping us apprised, Todd.

Nathan

• Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:36 AM In reply to

Great news! Thanks!

• Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:34 PM In reply to

• noahtodd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Good news, thank you!

Looking forward to the fix.

MacPro 2 X 2.4ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon 28 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 RAM | OSX 10.10.5 | G-Raid ESPRO 4TB SAS - 0 Level RAID | MC 8.4 w / Symphony Option ALSO... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:40 PM In reply to

• noahtodd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Hi Todd,

It's been two months since AVID has identified the mouse scrolling bug. Any idea or news when an update / fix may be coming?

Thanks,

Noah

• Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:36 PM In reply to

Hi,

Horizontal Mouse Scrolling has been fixed in 7.0.2!

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/README_Avid_Editor_v7.0.2_and_v11.0.2.pdf

hth

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:03 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 28 2013
    • Columbus, Ohio
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I'm running MC7.0.2 on OSX 10.8.4 and I'm not able to scroll hortizonally with my externial (or internal) trackpad, is there something to enable or should it do it automaticly? 

Media Composer 7 w/ Symphony option on a rMBP, 16 gig RAM, 512SSD

Apple Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display, 16 gig RAM, 512 gig SSD. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller