Latest post Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:18 AM by mtahir. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 13 2013 4:58 AM

• mtahir
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,885

Is deinterlacing working?

I can take a sequence and the following: Export -> Export as... -> Options -> QuickTime  Movie -> Custom -> Format Options  -> Size -> Deinterlace Source Video. When I play that video in QT player and VLC, I can still see the jaggies but when I deinterlace using Squeeze, and play it, the picture is smooth - no jaggies.

What kind of dinterlacing is MC5.5.3 doing? With the Mediainfo program I can see it says 'progressive'. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Thanks

MC2022.12 (Win10) | DaVinci Resolve Studio | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 96GB (48GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Is deinterlacing working?

With those export options MC isn't doing any de-interlacing. The QT engine is the one doing the job. As soon as you select custom MC passes the output data to the QT engine and it does the work. That's hwy changing the size or frame rate there overrides the MC settings. And in my experience the QT de-interlace offers no control or options and is pretty useless.

You'd do better to change your project format to Progressive. Refresh the sequence. Then check the motion adapters and adjust them for the type of de-interlace you want.

If that gives you too many motion adapters to deal with (one per interlaced clip) then while in the i Project do a video mixdown and build a new single clip sequence from it and then change to progressive, refresh sequence and change that one motion adapter.

You then have a simple option for a same as source export and can avoid the custom QT movie option.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E [email protected]

Filed under:
  • Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:18 AM In reply to

• mtahir
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,885

Re: Is deinterlacing working?

Thanks, Pat.

MC2022.12 (Win10) | DaVinci Resolve Studio | Dell T7500 with 2 x 6-Core Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz CPUs | Triple-Channel 96GB (48GB per CPU) 1333MHz DDR3... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller