Latest post Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:32 PM by FunkyDragon. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:49 PM

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

Disk Access Denied when writing to XDCam disk

Normal 0

Hi,

I'm having an issue when I go to Output-Export to Device-XDCam I get a "Exception: DISK_ACCESS_DENIED, filename:F:\Clip\C0001.MXF"

This seems to have popped up after updating the firmware on my PDW-U1 drive.  Here's where it gets strange:  This error happens on two computers running Media Composer 5.0.4...but I was able to get it running on a computer running 5.0.3.

I am running the Sony XDCam Drive software driver 3.4 after rolling it back from 4.0.1 (after recommended by Sony) and the firmware version of the pdw-u1 is 2.5.4.

Sony said there's no way to roll back the firmware, so I'm trying to figure out a way to solve this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

Media Composer 7.0.3, Windows 7 Professional, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:26 PM In reply to

Re: Disk Access Denied when writing to XDCam disk

Nick:

Are your permissions for that drive set to "read/write"?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:00 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

Yes, I believe so.  I went to the xdcam drive utility properties and set the permissions to allow full control along with read and write.

Media Composer 7.0.3, Windows 7 Professional, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 12GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:33 PM In reply to

I've seen this kind of error when the clips on the disk are discontiguous, meaning there is a CLIP0001, CLIP0002, CLIP0004, and CLIP0005 - and no CLIP0003.  Avid tries to write CLIP0003, but fails because it can't "insert" that name.  if you rename your clips so that they are in contiguous order, Avid will then be able to properly write (the new) CLIP0004

you can use your deck or the XDCAM Browser to rename the files on disk, write the new file, and then re-order them again later.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:22 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

This is a freshly formatted disk, so not a discontiguous issue.  I've tried formatting in both U1 and a deck, still the error.

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:31 PM In reply to

• Random Post
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto, canada
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,025

Could be silly, but are you trying to export 2 audio tracks ?  I vaguelly remember an issue whereby if you did not have 4 audio tracks, you could not write (export) to the XDCAM.  Shot in the dark.

MC 8.8.6 on a Z820 Win7/64 48Gb RAM, Black Magic design Decklink Studio 4k... C drive is a Crucial SSD, Internal 6Tb esata (striped 2x3Tb), HP Thunderbolt2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:00 PM In reply to

Just for the record, I'm able to use Export to Device>XDCAM and successfully write to XDCAM disc with only 2 audio tracks.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:33 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

Yes, I'm trying to write to two audio tracks...

I spoke with Sony the other day and they had me write to the C drive, and that worked successfully.  I just can't write to the U1 for some reason.  This error repeats on a second computer...and works successfully on a third.

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:54 PM In reply to

Just a thought: Did Sony have you re-install any drivers on the two computers that do not work, or did you install any drivers on third, working computer?

I recall from earlier firmware upgrades that Sony included some specifics about power ON/OFF during firmware update.

Who did you speak with at Sony?

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:05 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

I downgraded the driver to 3.4 to no avail (had to get from sony).  Back to driver 4.01. on the XDCam drive utility software and firmware version 2.5.4.  This is matching the version on the working computer.  I have a feeling its a firmware issue, but there's nothing I can do about that.  I spoke with a couple folks at Sony...specifically Ian. 

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:23 PM In reply to

OK, he's the best.

Can you re-install anything else, such as a USB driver? Will Utility allow re-running same firmware uodate?

Will it work withother editing app on same PC?

What makes the third PC work and the other two not... good luck.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:32 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

Arg, now I can't import/transcode/consolodate from pdw-u1.  Getting an "Exception:  MXFDomain_INT_FAILED, file:C0001.MXF"

The computer that the u1 worked is running MC 5.0.3 and the ones that aren't working are running 5.0.4.  Should I try reverting to 5.0.3?

Thanks,

Nick

• Thu, Mar 7 2013 5:40 PM In reply to

• pizzuti
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 49
    • Points 675

Just an update...we use Norton Business Suite for our spyware and it went thru an automatic update that locked out our PDW-U1 drive.  Turned it off and now it works!

• Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:32 PM In reply to

pizzuti:

Just an update...we use Norton Business Suite for our spyware and it went thru an automatic update that locked out our PDW-U1 drive.  Turned it off and now it works!

Wow! That's odd... Tthanks for updating the thread, and giving all of us something to look out for!

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller