Latest post Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:07 AM by Roger Shufflebottom. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:29 PM

Mac Marquee bug

OK - we don't all use Marquee and we don't all love it but it has some very powerful features, including the Autotitler. This allows you to link a title or template to a text file and very rapidly create a whole bunch of matching lower-thirds, for example.

For this to work, each text item in the title has to be named 'Text Box 1', 'Text Box 2' and so on. The Avid templates are already named this way but if you make your own titles, you must rename the text boxes. This is supposed to be achieved by opening the layers window, right-clicking on each text box and choosing 'Rename'. This works in Windows installations but not on the Mac - the text lights up but cannot be edited. Checked this on the version of Marquee shipped with MC 6.5 and also v4. No go. Please fix!

Why not use an Avid template? Because they all seem to be stuck in a 4:3 timewarp. Not much good with 16:9.

iMac i5 27", 40GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with MC 2021.3 with Symphony option, BlackMagic mini monitor. 2020 MacBook Air with MC 2020.6 ... and NewsCutter... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK. www.avid-companion.co.uk

• Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:14 AM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,680

Re: Mac Marquee bug

Roger Shufflebottom:

OK - we don't all use Marquee and we don't all love it but it has some very powerful features, including the Autotitler. This allows you to link a title or template to a text file and very rapidly create a whole bunch of matching lower-thirds, for example.

For this to work, each text item in the title has to be named 'Text Box 1', 'Text Box 2' and so on. The Avid templates are already named this way but if you make your own titles, you must rename the text boxes. This is supposed to be achieved by opening the layers window, right-clicking on each text box and choosing 'Rename'. This works in Windows installations but not on the Mac - the text lights up but cannot be edited. Checked this on the version of Marquee shipped with MC 6.5 and also v4. No go. Please fix!

Why not use an Avid template? Because they all seem to be stuck in a 4:3 timewarp. Not much good with 16:9.

Agreed. There is a work around however. Select the text box you want to edit and then rename it in the 'info' tab near the top left corner.

• Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Mac Marquee bug

I've learnt something - that Info window tip is very helpful. Thank you.

RS

iMac i5 27", 40GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with MC 2021.3 with Symphony option, BlackMagic mini monitor. 2020 MacBook Air with MC 2020.6 ... and NewsCutter... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK. www.avid-companion.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller