Latest post Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:30 AM by JakaBac. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:08 PM

• JakaBac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

AMT and Interplay compatibility

Hello

In the AMT documentation it is not specified which AMT version is compatible with which Interplay bundle.

Can I assume that I can use the latest AMT to get all the fixes for all Interplay versions or are there sone limitations.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jaka

Filed under:
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:12 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: AMT and Interplay compatibility

Jaka,

We have some follow-up questions:

1. Are you planning to use Interplay Production Web Services to check assets in / out of IP?

2. If so, what version of IPP WS will you be using?

- Rob

• Wed, Dec 5 2012 12:15 PM In reply to

• JakaBac
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Hello Rob

1. Yes I will be using Interplay WS for checkin/out. (As far as I know this is the only official option)

2. IPP WS version will depend on the Interplay PAM version that the customer has. As far as I know you can't just use the latest WS version with all Interplay PAM versions since the latest WS version may include client libs which may be to new

• Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:26 PM In reply to

• robg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 494
    • Points 5,605
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

JakaBac,

> As far as I know this is the only official option

Yes, for automated processes, this is true. However, the other option for checking things into/out of Interplay is manually via Avid's client apps.

> IPP WS version will depend on the Interplay PAM version that the customer has

We designed the IPP WS to be loosley bound to the Interplay Engine. So it does work with mis-matched versions. For example, the latest version of the Web Services, 2.6.1 is known to be compatible with Interplay Produciton 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7. However, you should always test integrated systems thorougly before deploying to a customer site.

> Can I assume that I can use the latest AMT to get all the fixes for all Interplay
    > versions or are there sone limitations.

Avid issues AMT releases on a monthly basis. These releases contain typically contain bug fixes and new features and have no specific dependencies against particular versions of Interplay Production or Media Composer. Avid recommends to always use the latest version of AMT. 

However, since all of Avid’s products are being developed further, there may be new features and formats that are not yet supported across the entire product line; also deprecated legacy functionality may be removed without advance warning. If this is the case in AMT it will be noted in the AMT change log that is part of the release package, but this change log will not reflect changes in other Avid products. For this reason, testing and qualifying AMT-based integration solutions against the targeted workgroup and editor environments is a mandatory part of the 3rd party development cycle and the sole responsibility of the integration vendor.

• Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:30 AM In reply to

• JakaBac
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Hi Rob

Better late than never:

Thanks for the exhaustive answer. :)

Jaka

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller