Latest post Wed, Jan 15 2014 4:10 AM by editor14. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 24 2012 1:58 PM

Mountain Lion compatible Serial-to-USB adaptor recommendation

Can someone recommend a Serial-to-USB adaptor that is compatible with OS X Mountain Lion. I need deck control through Avid Media Composer. Thank you in advance,

Dustyn

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Mountain Lion compatible Serial-to-USB adaptor recommendation

I haven't tested this yet, but the Keyspan adapters (now owned by Tripplite) do have 10.8 drivers for them.  Don't know why they wouldn't work with MC then.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:41 PM In reply to

I'm actually unable to get my Keyspan USA-19HS to work.  It worked in 10.7.x, but no go in 10.8.x.  I suspect the Tripplite drivers are no good.

Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:42 PM In reply to

Hmmm... I have a 28X, but haven't jumped to ML because of network storage support.  Will have to take a look at that.

What do you use then, Todd?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:46 PM In reply to

• Renegader
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 6 2011
    • Posts 64
    • Points 830

Todd Sanderson:

I'm actually unable to get my Keyspan USA-19HS to work.  It worked in 10.7.x, but no go in 10.8.x.  I suspect the Tripplite drivers are no good.

Thanks for this very very important piece of information Todd.  I was all set to upgrade to Mountain Lion but I have this Keyspan.  Guess I'll wait until there are new 10.8 drivers for it.

Avid MC w/Symphony add on 8.4 with AJA 4K IO Box, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, 27 inch iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6800MX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:46 PM In reply to

I'll be honest Kevin.... I almost never use it anymore.  On Friday I had to digitize a BETA tape and ran into this deck control issue.  It's the first time I've had to digitize since going to 10.8.2.  After a few minutes of trouble shooting, I gave up and crash recorded it in without timecode and moved on.  I'll research it a bit more today.

Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:50 PM In reply to

I actually was unable to get my 28x to work in Lion and switched over to the 19HS as a result.

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:17 PM In reply to

Our 28X does work on 10.7.5.

-- Kevin

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:19 PM In reply to

Got the 19HS running fine.  Loaded up some fresh drivers and rebooted the MacPro.  All is good.

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:21 PM In reply to

So to summarize..... a USA-19HS runs great on OSX 10.8.2 with the newest drivers installed.

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914

• Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:53 PM In reply to

• Renegader
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 6 2011
    • Posts 64
    • Points 830

Great to hear!

Avid MC w/Symphony add on 8.4 with AJA 4K IO Box, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, 27 inch iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6800MX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:00 PM In reply to

• falcontech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 6 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hello,
    I found this thread by accident, I also possess the Keyspan serial adapter usb to 28x that is properly installed in the system but I'm going crazy to use a midi interface serial, because the stealth plugin does not work,
    if you're using dustyngobler can you tell me how please

thanks

• Wed, Jan 15 2014 4:10 AM In reply to

• editor14
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 17 2011
    • Posts 29
    • Points 315

I would love to know how you are getting the USA-19HS to work.

I'm going nuts trying to get the deck control working.

Apologies as I already started a thread before stumbling on this on. I said this...

Last time I did this I was runing Mac OSX 10.6, MC 5.5, Nitris DX, a RS232 to RS422 convertor and a the USA-19H USB Keyspan.

I have since upgrade to OSX 10.8 and running MC6 and I can't seem to get the deck control working.

The Nitris box upgraded it's firmware as soon as I opened MC 6

I have downloaded all the needed drivers for the Keyspan USA-19H and used a variety of different 9-pin cables.

Are the cables the issue? What an I missing?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller