Latest post Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:40 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:21 PM

• flytowers
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

DISK_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS Can't open Project

Hi,

I'm working on a Mac Pro 10.7.4 on Avid Symphony 6.0.1. There's a project in my Unity environment that I'm unable to open. Other computers in our office are able to open it. When I attempt to open it, I get error "DISK_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS." I've already deleted the site settings, project settings, and MCState.  I checked my computer's system hard drive to make sure that I don't have another project by the same name or anything like that, and I'm genuinely stumped as to why I'd be locked out while others aren't. Please help.

• Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: DISK_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS Can't open Project

Look in the project folder, and delete the folder named for that system.  (Inside it you'll find copies of the .avp and .avs files). Then select the project and all is good.

Those copies just remember the status of the project on that system...there's nothing in there that will cause you to lose anything.  We've seen that from time to time some permission hiccup occurs and the file can't be overwritten, so a particular system can't open a project.

Just delete that folder and you'll be all set.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:33 PM In reply to

• flytowers
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks! That worked!

• Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:40 PM In reply to

You're welcome.  If only all Avid issues would be that simple to fix. :)

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller