Latest post Wed, Dec 25 2013 4:19 AM by Fabrice Aragno. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 22 2012 3:34 PM

• Seppia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 3 2012
    • Strasbourg, France
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Stereoscopic AAF roundtrip

Hi everybody.

I would like to make a roundtrip via AAF between Avid Media Composer 6 and DaVinci Resolve. I have tested with 2D project and in that case it works very well, but in stereoscopic project it doesn't work:
    When I import the AAF in Resolve I have the following error message:
    "Effect StereoVideoCombiner is not supported, plain clips will be imported only"
    So it seems that MC6 creates AAF that refers to stereoscopic clips but not to the original 2D medias. I have tried to switch the stereoscopic selector to the difference possibilities : Left only, Right only, Full, Leading eye and also off and in all case I have exactly the same message error.
    Creating an EDL via EDL manager works well, in that case I could select the eye I would like to have in it but I didn't find the same way in AAF export.

I have contact the tech support of DaVinci but they have no ideas. I have tested this with Resolve 8.2 and Resolve 9.

Any ideas are welcome.

Christophe Reynaud.

• Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:29 PM In reply to

Re: Stereoscopic AAF roundtrip

We're about to start testing on this as well. I suspect it's the resolve end that's wrong and I am aware of successful stereo AAFs to other grading systems.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Filed under:
  • Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:37 PM In reply to

• Seppia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 3 2012
    • Strasbourg, France
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Hi Pat,

Some weeks later, I have tested with the final release of Resolve 9 and the new release of Media Composer (6.5) and I have exactly the same errors. During this period do you have start your tests ?

Best regards.

Christophe Reynaud.

• Sun, Nov 17 2013 7:14 PM In reply to

Hi (bonjour?) Christophe,

I work on a feature film in 3D, we would edited with S3D clips in Avid Media Composer 7.02 and we need to go to Resolve 10 for finishing. 

I have the same probleme with the 3D aaf (it make mad thnings, 40 tracks with black clip etc etc)

Did you find a way? un itinéraire possible?

Merci

thanks

Best

Amicalement,

Fabrice Aragno

MC7.02 / Mac Pro 3.1 / OSX 10.8.5 / 16 go Ram / BM decklink HD extrem 2. / Quadro 4000 + Quadro K5000 / 16 To Raid Hard Drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:43 PM In reply to

• Òskar X
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 7 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi. I've got the same problem!!!

Did you solve the problem? Thanks!

• Mon, Dec 9 2013 2:48 PM In reply to

Hi Oskar

No, no re-solv-ing yet.

Even with some Avid people working with other Blackmagic people on that issue. (I hope!)

To go forward with this, I work now back on FINAL CUT PRO 7 where the XML roundtrip work fine!

I work with two video track (left and right), then duplcate to left only, right only, exporting them on two xml, import in Resolve etc. It work but it's looong until you see a 3D image. 

If some AVID responsable could read this and answer us on it... it could be nice to come back to Avid.. 

mmh?

Amitiés

Fabrice Aragno

MC7.02 / Mac Pro 3.1 / OSX 10.8.5 / 16 go Ram / BM decklink HD extrem 2. / Quadro 4000 + Quadro K5000 / 16 To Raid Hard Drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 4:43 PM In reply to

• Òskar X
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi Fabrice.

Thanks for the post. Good "word game", jejeje.

But Mr. Avid, please, let us know a workflow (or workaround) to grade with Resolve !!!!! Thanks !!!!!

• Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:59 PM In reply to

• Òskar X
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi Fabrice... I've found a working (but tedious) workflow... If you still need it we can share it!!!! Thaaanks!

• Wed, Dec 25 2013 4:19 AM In reply to

Hi Oskar, ho yes, I still need one!. And I still wait somethings from Davinci Resolve, news or even just a word.. but it's like an image of silence : Snow falling on water. 

So please, dear Oskar, share it

and Merry Christmas!

best

F. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller