Latest post Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:08 PM by Dean Murray. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:11 PM

Still and Video Track Priority

Hello,

Is there a way to simply import stills with a second "handle" either end to allow for fades to be simply added rather than manually mark the In and Out points for each still?

Also can somebody tell me if Media Composer V1, V2, V3 etc still maintain proirity even when moved ie:  I have a number of stills on V1 and import and add the animated background for use behind them to V2 then move V2 track below V1. 

My initial experience seems to show that V2 will always be "above" V1 even if it's moved below the V1 track.

Dean

Media Composer 6.5.3 - QT 7.7.4 - Gigabyte X58R-UD3R - Core i7 930 - Quadro FX1800 (310.90) - 12GB RAM - Win 7 64 bit SP1- 150GB OS - 300GB Data - 2x1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:15 PM In reply to

Re: Still and Video Track Priority

Moving tracks only moves the tracks in the interface. They are still read 'top down', from V24 down to V1, in that numerical order. Counter-intuitive, but that's how it is.

I know of no way to have those handles on imports either. I think you can clear marks on all clips and then advance on all clips (in the bin), so that would at least virtually add some handles at the front.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:17 PM In reply to

Hi Dean,

Dean Murray:
    Is there a way to simply import stills with a second "handle" either end to allow for fades to be simply added rather than manually mark the In and Out points for each still?

This is written for Xpress Pro, but the same technique should still work for Media Composer:

http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/setting_duration_for_multiple_clip_with_avid_xpress.php

Dean Murray:

Also can somebody tell me if Media Composer V1, V2, V3 etc still maintain proirity even when moved ie:  I have a number of stills on V1 and import and add the animated background for use behind them to V2 then move V2 track below V1. 

My initial experience seems to show that V2 will always be "above" V1 even if it's moved below the V1 track.

Yes, V2 is always "above" V1, no matter where they are in the timeline.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2021.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jun 19 2012 3:58 PM In reply to

Thanks for the replies confirming what I'd suspected about the Video tracks.

Also thanks for the link Carl it works a treat!

Dean

Media Composer 6.5.3 - QT 7.7.4 - Gigabyte X58R-UD3R - Core i7 930 - Quadro FX1800 (310.90) - 12GB RAM - Win 7 64 bit SP1- 150GB OS - 300GB Data - 2x1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 19 2012 4:18 PM In reply to

You're welcome, Dean!

Media Composer 2021.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:43 PM In reply to

Dean Murray:
    I have a number of stills on V1 and import and add the animated background for use behind them to V2 then move V2 track below V1. 
    You can create a new V1 track and have all existing tracks renumber themselves as (old track number +1)

Ctrl Alt Y opens a new Video track dialog. Choose V1. You will get a dialog saying V1 already exists and an option to "Insert". Insert will create a new V1 for your animated background.

• Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:08 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info Andrew.

Dean

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller