Latest post Thu, May 3 2012 12:09 PM by mattcking. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 3 2012 9:31 AM

• mattcking
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 15 2009
    • Posts 26
    • Points 390

AMA quicktime (cannon) TC start times MC 5.03

I am running MC 5.03 and when i link to a volume of Qts shot on a 7D/5D etc the start times are set from the cameras modified date/time which is abit like Time of Day TC. this is very handy when multicameras are shooting lots of random footage at the same time.

But i notice on the other systems we have (versions 5.5 and 6) that they dont pick this up. i thought it was a PC thing as i am on a Mac, but reading in the forum it is a version issue.

This was a really handy function, why was it turned off and can it be re-enabled some how. of is there another way of getting at the modified dates from the quicktimes through AMA.

cheers

• Thu, May 3 2012 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: AMA quicktime (cannon) TC start times MC 5.03

Hello,

I believe this information was for some reason moved to the AUX 1 field after version 5. 

I don't think this field is visible by default so you'll need to add it to the shown columns.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Media Composer 6.5.3 - QT 7.7.4 - Gigabyte X58R-UD3R - Core i7 930 - Quadro FX1800 (310.90) - 12GB RAM - Win 7 64 bit SP1- 150GB OS - 300GB Data - 2x1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 3 2012 12:09 PM In reply to

• mattcking
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 15 2009
    • Posts 26
    • Points 390

Re: AMA quicktime (cannon) TC start times MC 5.03

Thanks dean,

I was mucking around trying to sort this out after i posted this and found the Aux1 time! 

Now! is there a way to auto sequence using the aux1 ass main time code, i am sure i have used it in the past 

i just cant remember how

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller