Latest post Thu, Jan 5 2012 8:54 PM by Marianna. 478 replies.
Page 29 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:16 PM In reply to

• vpcmike
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Baltimore, MD
    • Posts 1,669
    • Points 20,140

Re: Do we get Squeeze 8 with MC 6?

By the way, where are they?  After all this I would have at least expected a "thanks."  Strangely silent . . .

System #1 - Mac Pro 12 Core 2.93, 24 GB RAM, 16 TB ISIS 5000 System #2 - Core i7 2600k, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000 System #3 - Dell Precision... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:24 PM In reply to

vpcmike:

By the way, where are they?  After all this I would have at least expected a "thanks."  Strangely silent . . .

Very good point.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:39 PM In reply to

• Chepal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • germany
    • Posts 538
    • Points 6,290

[user="tugger"]

I grew up the child of a career Army officer, spent 8 years active duty Air Force myself after college, and fighting for principles...

army-educated-people don't say sorry, they move on to the next "battle"!

che

mac_mc_2020, fibre, sata, ssd [view my complete system specs]

peace from germany

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:50 PM In reply to

THANK YOU Marianna and Dave for fighting for the customer, for keeping us updated, and for putting up with some really, eh, excessively vehement disapproval from folks.

Honestly, I wasn't too bothered by the deal that was anticipated, the $99 upgrade to Squeeze full (provided that it had been announced at the start, but that's a story for another day).  Those who only needed lite could save, while those who needed everything could get a special Avid user price for it.  Besides, that upgrade would have cost me far less than what I've saved on these rock-solid Avid products over time as a result of some luck, good timing, and amazing good will from folks like Marianna.  That said, given the marketing material cross-up and the "what's in the box" surprise, I'm glad that the end result is what it is.  Avid's the best, what can I say.

This is a far cry from another company whose new "awesome" product resulted in a "what's in the box" surprise that could only be obtained by paying for it, with no trial, and then having its customers realize that their long-used solid product had essentially gone end-of-life, suddenly.  They weren't nearly as good about communication, either.

This thread has been educational, and a valid discussion about how Avid handles this sort of thing.  Marianna and Dave have been awesome in making this happen and keeping us as informed about it as they could.  It's a little concerning, however, that it seems that Avid's "crisis mode" often seems to be known as "have Marianna stick her neck out there, wave a magic wand and hope for the best," even though she, as she said, does not even have the full power on these pricing/product decisions.  Marianna is, of course, absolutely wonderful at waving the magic wand, there is no denying that whatsoever.  We could absolutely go on and on about how she is almost singlehandedly the customer-retention department for Avid (there's another thread for that, I believe!) - helping out so many different people for so many different issues...and at so many different hours of the day!  I certainly don't work for Avid or know the inner workings of the company, but I just hope that there's a whole lot more to the strategy than Marianna - there's just so much of the satisfaction in the company that seems to be riding on one person, constantly, and that can't be healthy for the company (or that one person!!).  They need a "Marianna Department" or something with clones, or at least folks well-trained in the Ways of Marianna.

That said, I know this took far more than one person to make it happen, and I appreciate the hard work of everyone who worked together to get this straightened out.  Proving once again why people just really, really like working on Avid products.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.15.5, Avid Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,457
    • Points 234,105
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Thanks for the back up but I kind of agree with KevinW et al on this one.  

While I still dont understand why some members kept posting the same thing over and over after I had said we were working on it ( didnt believe me :) ),  I completely understand and agree with members posting that they wanted and expected the full version - as they thought that was what they were getting all along. 

The push back helped.  Not saying push back will always work as it depends on the situation but in this case your passionate posts made a diff.

Now when I say - stand by for more infomation - you know I mean what I say.

:)

marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:56 PM In reply to

• cbenton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 16 2010
    • Nashville, TN
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Mariana,

Time and time again you have shown that you always do what you say you are going to do.  I am very appreciative of the work you do.  Everyone should know better than to doubt what you say.  Thank you again for all you do!

Chris

AVID Media Composer 6.0, Intel Duo Core 2 Quad CPU 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, SB X-FI soundcard,500GB Hard Drive, 1TB external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:06 PM In reply to

• KevinW
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 25 2011
    • Posts 27
    • Points 435

+1 from an FCP refugee who is a newcomer to Avid and these forums. I very much appreciate Marianna's efforts on our behalf in the resolution that has been reached.

Kevin

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:13 PM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2008
    • Posts 1,184
    • Points 14,665

+1 - a much more positive experience with Avid/Marianna than the usual hiding and unavailability that big international corporations often strive for as a way of operating.  They manage frustration with more frustration!  

Great result guys - genuinely impressed. Seasonally good all roundBig Smile MX!

D

Symphony 2018.12.10, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 11.1 (unsatisfactory in full res UHD though for client monitor), WIN 10 on 2500Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K4200, Asus X99-A Mobo, i7 5820K 4.0 GHz Hex core mildly overclocked CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10 array @ 450Mbs

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:37 PM In reply to

• stuartm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 30 2011
    • Posts 49
    • Points 625

Just came across this thread and just read all 29 pages straight with no prior knowledge...

Conclusions:

As usual the forum moderators put up with being on the receiving end of an extraordinary level of schtick with extraordinary patience and decorum.

Avid is about the only company I know of where you could have this kind of protest / discussion with ACTUAL results.

Some people should know when to keep calm and carry on.

An apology never hurt anyone.

The launch of MC6 has been a trial by fire for many and Avid needs to make good in the upgrade. On the basis of this they probably will. No magnetic timeliines though Cool

Marianna for 2012

This is one of many reasons why I use Avid.

Thanks y'all, and Happy Whatever-It-Is you're doing at this time of year.

MacPro5,1, (Still going strong!) Dual Intel Xeon Quad-Core X5670 2,93GHz, 32GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770, Aja IoExpress, OS 10.12.6. MC 2018.12.8 +SN +PF [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:46 PM In reply to

• rodpaul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,400

I confess I am both surprised an embarassed after ploughing through this thread, after noting the thread subject. It is disappointing to find there are so many disgruntled, rude and greedy folks in a community that was once known for its civility and friendliness. Periodicially I go through the motions of reminding those who haven't been around as long as I of the extraordinary software costs in all NLE systems not terribly long ago. The R&D required to produce such an elegant platform as MC 6 is beyond comprehension. The current upgrade is a bargain by any standards, all by otself. Why people feel it necessary to piss and moan about a third part app, clones of which can be found for practically nothing elsewhere, is hard to fathom. Don't you have something better to do - like edit? AVID has had its ups and downs, but it obviously trying to please its customers. They don't alwasy succeed. But to approach this minor issue as though it was some kind of grand corporate conspircay is wildly our of proportion, as has been the tone of many of the posts. Grow up,  learn to be civil, and try to act like adults. Would you ever deal with a client this way? If you did, you would have a very lonely business.

On behalf of the less active viewers of this site, apologies to those at AVID and thanks to those speaking up in support of a more civil forum.

Dell T3600T 12 Cores 3.5 ghz Intel 32GRAM K4200 Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 8:20 PM In reply to

• gumbaedit
    • Not Ranked
    • Richmond, VA
    • Posts 526
    • Points 6,920

"It is disappointing to find there are so many disgruntled, rude and greedy folks in a community...."

Honestly, I think it bleeds over from the type of conduct that they have over on reduser.  I recognize some of the same usernames, so it doesn't surprise me when they chime in with a rude tone ot one of "gimme, gimme, gimme, but it better not be expensive!"

I'm very excited to see what's happening with Sorrenson.  I've been using compressor for years and am quite happy with it, but Squeeze can do the same things but with a better feeling of security that it won't be killed on a whim.

As a side note, although I haven't fully transitioned over to MC6 (still have some legacy projects), so far I'm very pleased with the new incarnation of a great program.

6 core Late 2013 MacPro 3.0 gHz, 16 gigs RAM, MC 8.8.5 on OSX 10.12.4, DNxIO, Flanders CM250, BMD Desktop Video version 10.9.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 16 2011 8:39 PM In reply to

"It is disappointing to find there are so many disgruntled, rude and greedy folks in a community...."

The following relates to all website comment strings (ESPECIALLY Youtube!), chat boards, and Internet discussions - not just the Avid Forums:

I've often wondered how many people who spew rude, insulting comments while they hide comfortably behind a screen name on a computer, would have the guts to say exactly the same things if they were face to face in the same room with the person they're disparaging.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:02 PM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,382
    • Points 54,130

Well...it is kind of amazing how often we manage to dig up some negative in an event that had a very positive outcome....what should be considered is this was and became an opportunity for the customer relations team at Avid to demonstrate publicly that they are indeed working for the end user.

No doubt much of their time and efforts are spent one on one or behind the scenes, beyond the public preception. It is likely then that some users have not seen first hand what this team does, nor witnessed their commitment. It is all too easy to doubt what you do not see first hand, and there are plenty of vendors out there that are prime examples of poor corporate behaviour.

So lets all smile, and chalk another up for the M-Team..

Thanks,

John

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 20.10. Win 20H2  Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 18/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Sat, Dec 17 2011 12:42 AM In reply to

• Ken Lent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2007
    • California
    • Posts 129
    • Points 1,375

Marianna for President in 2012!  (As long as you stay available on the Avid forums, too.)

Core i7 930 PC 2.8GHz / 18GB RAM / Win10 Pro 64bit / nVidia Quadro K2200 (driver 411.95) / MC 2018.12.9 (Symphony/PF/SS) / BCC AVX 10.0.2 / NewBlue Titler... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 17 2011 2:36 AM In reply to

Hi Guys,

We're getting close to being able to lock this string!  I wanted to give you a status and update.  Sorenson and Avid are working to figure out the easiest way to get you Sorenson Squeeze without having to issue you a new code or having you have to log into a website and reenter a code.  Simply put, we're trying to make this as easy as possible for you. Sorenson is testing a new build of their software that allows for this and we hope to have something early next week.  We're working to get this to you as soon as we can.

Thanks again for your patience and have a good weekend!

Dave

Page 29 of 32 (479 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller