Latest post Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:24 PM by dori_bashan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 17 2011 6:05 PM

MC 5.5.3, NC 9.5.3 and Symph 5.5.3 NOW AVAILABLE

Great news!   At 1:00 PM ET today Avid has released several software updates for Media Composer 5.5.3, Symphony 5.5.3 and NewsCutter 9.5.3 on the download center (Login and Password required).  Remember that in order to access the Download Center,  you will need to login to your Master Account at https://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation.  If you do not have a Master Account you can create one on that page and if you need to request a download center account you can do so on this site as well.

Release:

This is a “maintenance release” of the Media Composer (Mac and PC) , Symphony (Mac and PC) and NewsCutter (PC) editing software.   Customers currently running Media Composer 5.5.x, Symphony 5.5.x or NewsCutter 9.5.x are entitled to download and install the 5.5.3 or 9.5.3 release free of charge.

Fixes and Enhancements:

There are well over 75 + bug fixes and enhancements in the 5.5.3/9.5.3 Maintenance release.  You should download and read the ReadMe file before installing.

Mac OS X Support:

We are pleased to report that Media Composer 5.5.3 and Symphony 5.5.3 Mac versions are now compatible with OS X 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and OS X 10.7 (Lion).  The following Knowledge Base article outlines this new support at http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=413791

Additional Notes:

1.       The 5.5.3 release ( Media Composer and Symphony) running on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion  is qualified with local storage only and Avid shared storage or Interplay compatibility testing is ongoing at this time. 

2.       The revised Mac OS X 10.6.8 ( Snow Leopard) resolves the Kernel Panics with DX Hardware and can be found on the Knowledge Base here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=412351

Installer and Patch Installation Notes:

There are both  full installers (Mac and PC)  AND patch installers (PC) provided for the v5.5.3 and v9.5.3 release.   Please review the text outlined on the Download Center Page and the following Knowledge Base Article regarding the difference between the full and patch installers here http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=407275

Helper App’s:

Information on the Avid helper App’s based on platform is below.

·         For PC Users: If you are using any of the Helper Applications (Avid EDL Manager, Avid FilmScribe, Avid Log Exchange, Avid MetaSync, or Avid Media Log), you must install the patch updates for these applications. Further, if you are using Nitris DX, Mojo DX, or Avid DNA hardware, you must update the hardware drivers. Download the installer for your appropriate hardware and OS on the Download Center.

·         For Mac Users: The Mac installer includes the helper application and hardware driver update installers. You do not need to download another installer to update those applications or hardware drivers

AJA Plug-In Fix

The 5.5.3/9.5.3 release contains new plug-ins for use with the AJA io Express and corrects the “Legends Audio Communications Error, Hardware Underrun" errors when scrubbing audioA knowledge Base article is in the works on this topic and I will notify you of the URL later in the week.

ScriptSync and PhraseFind Trial Reminder:

Media Composer 5.5.3 now includes 30 day free trials of PhraseFind and ScriptSync. For more information on the trials and how to access them, please see the PhraseFind and ScriptSync Trial FAQ at http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=406331 .

2.       New AMA Plug-ins for Sony and Ikegami

Sony has released a new version of the AMA plug-ins for XDCAM and XDCAM EX.  Version 1.2 is now available from Sony’s website and is supported with MC 5.5.x, Symphony 5.5.x, and NewsCutter 9.5.x releases. More information can be found on the Knowledge Base here:  http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=394827

Ikegami has released a new version of the AMA plug-in for GFCAM.  Version 3.5.1 is now available from the Knowledge Base and is supported with MC 5.5.x, Symphony 5.5.x, and NewsCutter  9.5.x releases. More information and the plug-in installers can be found on the Knowledge Base here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=394811

3.       New PCs and Macs Supported

Avid has qualified the following systems for use with Media Composer 5.5.x, Symphony 5.5.x and NewsCutter v9.5.x.

PC Platform

·         HP z210

·         HP 8760w

·         HP 8560w

·         Dell M6600

Mac Platform

·         iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 27” Display

·         iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 21.5” Display

The specifications documents located on the Knowledge Base has been updated to reflect this new information.

-          Windows Specifications for Avid Media Composer v5.5.x, Avid NewsCutter v9.5.x, Avid Assist v2.3, and Avid Instinct v3.5 [362927]

-          Apple Macintosh Specifications for Avid Media Composer v5.5.x [362919]

Any additional questions, contact Marianna.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Aug 28 2011 4:31 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 645
    • Points 7,960

Re: MC 5.5.3, NC 9.5.3 and Symph 5.5.3 NOW AVAILABLE

Larry Rubin:

AJA Plug-In Fix

The 5.5.3/9.5.3 release contains new plug-ins for use with the AJA io Express and corrects the “Legends Audio Communications Error, Hardware Underrun" errors when scrubbing audioA knowledge Base article is in the works on this topic and I will notify you of the URL later in the week.

Where can we get the KB article?

90x Media Composer, 8x Symphony Nitris, 8x ISIS 5000, ,6x Pro Tools, 4x Assimilate SCRATCH Systems- Opus Post Production, ISRAEL. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 28 2011 4:54 PM In reply to

Dori:

Here's an update on that situation -

AJA Plug-in’s Update

Customer Support identified an issue with the AJA plug-in’s and posted a new set to the Knowledge Base on Wednesday, July 20th. The new plug in’s were to correct an issue with "Legend Audio Communications Error, Hardware Under run" errors that customers could experience when scrubbing audio.  

Update:  Customers have reported that the new plug-in’s do not fix the issue so the Knowledge Base article has been removed until we can identify the issue and secure new plug-in’s. The article removed is http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=410971

Avid Customer Support is working with engineering to secure new plug-ins to correct this problem. Once the correct plugins are released, we will reinstate the knowledge base article.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Aug 28 2011 6:37 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 645
    • Points 7,960

Thank you

Waiting for an update

90x Media Composer, 8x Symphony Nitris, 8x ISIS 5000, ,6x Pro Tools, 4x Assimilate SCRATCH Systems- Opus Post Production, ISRAEL. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 29 2011 6:13 PM In reply to

Here is the latest from AJA:

Here is the driver 9.0.5 that will work with Media Composer 5.5.3/Lion/AJA Io Express:  http://www.aja.com/support/io/io-express.php <http://www.aja.com/support/io/io-express.php>

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:25 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 645
    • Points 7,960

But what about PC drivers?

• Mon, Aug 29 2011 8:48 PM In reply to

Dori:

If you scroll down to the bottom of "I/O Express Software" you will find the following link:

Io Express Version 5.0.3 for Windows 7 64-bit (Drivers, Machina Application, Plug-ins and Release notes)
    which also supports MC 5.5.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:24 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 645
    • Points 7,960

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller