Latest post Wed, Jun 29 2011 10:33 AM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 29 2011 9:47 AM

• CliveSmith
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 22 2006
    • South Africa
    • Posts 306
    • Points 3,620

Importing MXF To XPro

Please could someone shed some light for me here?

I have downloaded some files for a client that need to be delivered as Quicktimes.  They are JP2K files wrapped as MXF and are 3D.

I don't seem to be able to bring them into XPro 5.7.0.  I have tried numerous ways:  Firstly, I dropped them into the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/2 directory and I get an error when refreshing databases, saying "The file references Multi-Channel Audio" - it is surround sound audio, so would expect this.

I then tried Importing P2 and selected the directory where the files are and get the error "No clips were found!  Are you sure you selected a P2 card media directory."

So, my initial thought of using Xpro purely to convert to QT appears unlikely, unless I am doing something wrong?

My second thought was to then run them through a software converter.  Has anyone had experience of this and could you suggest software to do this?

This is the spec of the files that I am working with:

Format: JP2K
    Timecode: Non Drop
    Packaging: Interop  (or SMPTE if needed)
    Video Standard: 3D 1080 24 FPS
    Video: 1920x1080
    Color Space: XYZ
    PAR: 1X1
    Bitrate: 250Mbps
    Unencrypted (NO KDM)
    5.1 Surround Sound

Thanks for the help.

• Wed, Jun 29 2011 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Importing MXF To XPro

It seems to be a digital cinema package in XYZ color space. I don't think there's any way to import that straight into Avid. You'll need some tool to unpack it.
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller