Latest post Thu, May 5 2011 9:00 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 4 2011 3:34 PM

• beazer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 12 2006
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

effects question

I have multi-layered keys collapsed into one track in order to apply a transition effect to them globally.  The added transition affects the base layer video beneath it.  How can I prevent this from happening?

• Thu, May 5 2011 7:55 PM In reply to

Re: effects question

There are limitations within Avid as to how much layering and nesting you can do with effects.

You may find After Effects is the way to go.

Is there any way you can just animate each key individually?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, May 5 2011 8:55 PM In reply to

• beazer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 12 2006
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Thanks for your response.  I did try After Effects, but was suprised by the "jaggies" that were introduced.  My edges are much cleaner in my all MC-built sequence.  It seems the only transition I can use between these collapsed tracks is a simple dissolve.  You think I've reached the elastic limits of MC?

• Thu, May 5 2011 9:00 PM In reply to

You can try doing a Field render in AE; that sometimes takes care of those sorts of artifacts.

Just make sure you interpret the correct field order for your footage and project.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller